Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Soldato
Depends on the map, I get solid 60 on epic on The Center, Ragnarok and Scorched Earth. The Island is another matter entirely, last I was on it I couldn't get above 20 anywhere.

Regardless of map though, medium to large sized bases absolutely nuke your FPS out of the window. If you ever get an FPS tank these days, it's best to check your surroundings, there's likely a decent sized base partially loaded somewhere in the cell.

Doesn't matter what map your on, stick yourself in a jungle near or in a base and performance dumps south of 30fps. It' not even a good looking game, it's a POS to look at in all honesty.

I get 70 to 90fps at 1440p mostly high settings, but as soon as I go inland it's like I'm playing on a console or a 10 year old gpu. Game idea is fantastic, I've 500 hours on it, but it's performance and devs are as bad as it gets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone recommend an Aberration servers? Never played that map and quite tempted but prefer to have a handful of others to chat to now and then rather than do it solo.

Don't really want to ask to scrap our group server for me just to try this out when many others won't have it!

edit: if nobody has one I may grab hosting for 6 months and let OCUKers loose on it if they don't mind a relatively casual gather/taming regime. I can't be bothered spending 8 hours taming a dino tbh, been there, done that!

Soldato
I've been enjoying messing about in single player, not really found a decent server to play on though. Aberration map is a bit pants too although I like the new creatures and danger

Back
Top Bottom