*** ArmA II Thread - OA, CO, PMC, BAF ***

Associate
I played both arma and arma2 from release and was in a very organised squad who made there own PvE missions, these were brilliant and extremely immersive but after 2 or 3 years fighting the AI for me it got very samey.

You knock DayZ but its the PvP aspect of it that makes it such a cool mod but the problem is the game is build to be modded which works really well in PvE but its far to open to people running scripts which is exactly why this PvP never caught on in arma

Still a cool game and I would recommend anyone who bought arma just for dayz give the vanilla game a go, if your willing to work as a team its cracking

Soldato
Ok guys.

Changing the dayz server to arma ii..

What mods are recommended, I was going to add acre and so far possibly MCC..

Wat others, we will be running with insurgency probably..

Thans

Associate
Ok guys.

Changing the dayz server to arma ii..

What mods are recommended, I was going to add acre and so far possibly MCC..

Wat others, we will be running with insurgency probably..

Thans

Marker did you every admin an arma 2 server before?
I dont mean to be condesending but the mods required to get it stable are quite time consuming and you need to understand the whole thing as to what causes crashes aspecially if your running serveral different mods

I dont know much about it but the only advice i can give you is seriously control what people demand because every extra vehicle,skin,weapon you put in can cause problems so change control becomes escential

Sorry for the dodgy spelling

Soldato
Don't think I'll be placing any extra skins/vehicles in mate.

I'll see what benefit the actual mod brings before installing.

You weren't condescending, I appreciate the fact you took your time to ask.

Learned a lot about running an arma 2 server in the past few months, so opefully should be able to pull it off..

Why ACE volki?

Soldato
Ace makes.numerous.improvements mate and insurgency 1.5 would be my preference. One thing i would say from my expertise yesterday, password protect the server or heavy admin. The scripters were out in force on any semi popular server.

Soldato
Good idea mate...

Run it without a password first of all, see how it goes..then if needed password it.

Insurgency is a cert mate..

Soldato
good thing about ace its very all in one with many changes.

Played standard Insurgency last night with duck, was good fun, will try some ace insurgency today.

You could always password specially if you know you are gonna have a big ocuk mission happening with enough people to fill spots then no need to have an pubs and no need to risk hackers.

HR4

HR4

Associate
There are too many to list, but to get you started and a nice game:

Ace is the main one as is Acex, Acex pla, Acex RU, also you will need CBA to run many mods.

Short list;
Ace
Acex
Acex SM

CBA

TPWC ai suppress
TPWC ai los

ASR ai (gives good ai behaviour, however ai behaviour is complicated, our group runs a mix of parts from several ai mods. Testing is essential for realistic ai behaviour, but asr ai will get you started).

Nice straight forward game.

I’m itching to give you another 30 or 40, but I won’t…:p

Adding mods is very subjective, some will like some and others will like others. Its just striking the right balance whilst keeping frame rates up, which is the most important.

Soldato
Cheers mate

Got a feeling that a couple of us would like to use MCC mod, which is able to generate missions on the fly!

Also, quite fancy Insurgency Chernarus, which is meant to be the better version!

ST_Movement, I have used before, which also enhances gameplay! ACE is a must though!

Took me 20 seconds to implement a couple of bombing runs using MCC...

Soldato
On the fly sounds impressive, you could have a gamesmaster in situ arranging suitable adversaries

If you want a full server, I think from experience its best to start off simple before adding any extra requirement beyond turning up. Then a good server will get regulars, who will add any mods needed, know the password, jump the hoops to play basically

Soldato
That's exactly what I was thinking mate...

Vanilla arma ii with insurgency, and st_movement..

After that, ace, acre and MCC.

Then add on as we go along..

Associate
Me and a couple of friends would really like to give ARMA multiplayer a go. We briefly tried a few, unmodded insurgency servers, but with no-one else using voice comms it was very difficult to work out what other players were doing. Does anyone play on here play regularly who wouldn't mind playing with some relatively inexperienced players?

Back
Top Bottom