*** ArmA II Thread - OA, CO, PMC, BAF ***

Soldato
Hey mate

MY Dayz server is coming back over to ARMA II Insurgency!

You can join the TS3 server @ 212.187.209.72:9302

Say hi in one of the dayz room or the vanilla ARMA room, usually you might have a couple of people playing insurgency!

Soldato
Bit different from dayz mike..

Most people who play arma ii exe tot run a few mods at least...

Plus the acre mod which I will enable in the next few days, really does up the atmosphere.

Anyone wants to play, it s running patrol ops at the moment..

Do a filter search again for ocuk.. Remember to remove dayz from your filter lists..

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah joint the ts3 room as normal, recommend the acre room, by the weekend I would like to enable acre mod, which simulates military radios... More immersion..

The patrol ops mission file will automatically download like any other mission file..

In preparation for acre, can you all please check this link out..

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4272

There is a fantastic install thread there..

The mod is available from

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11339. Bottom of the page, either one of the FTP.

Of course, you can use six updates to install it, or the new version play for six..

The only thing you have to have is @acre in your start up line...

To the admins, I will email you all updated rcon login details. Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah joint the ts3 room as normal, recommend the acre room, by the weekend I would like to enable acre mod, which simulates military radios... More immersion..

The patrol ops mission file will automatically download like any other mission file..

In preparation for acre, can you all please check this link out..

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4272

There is a fantastic install thread there..

The mod is available from

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11339. Bottom of the page, either one of the FTP.

Of course, you can use six updates to install it, or the new version play for six..

The only thing you have to have is @acre in your start up line...

To the admins, I will email you all updated rcon login details. Cheers

Looking forward to trying this out. From what you have said Marker it ramps up the tension and authenticity.

Will be cool if you have to use it with air support. Would love to have the role of calling in the air support from a sneaky recon point.......should also cut out the confusion of people talking over each other. From what I read the transmission will not work if more than one person is talking.

Associate
Yeah it's brilliant you use 1 hotkey to talk over radio on a selected channel, then another hotkey for direct chat. Can always have someone in a heli on a channel in contact with a guy on the ground leading a patrol! That's what I love about arma you can do so much with it, looking forward to this.

Soldato
Well i've been at iseries this weekend and have literally spent the entire weekend on Arma 2.

I'm the worst at any games that require you work out how stuff works, but neither the less i gave this my best shot!!

Within 2 days of playing i was flying the C130 all around the map dropping personnel, MHQ (Mobile Head Quarters) and tanks to DZ's (drop zones).

I also spent a large part learning about the different classes and what does what.

It really is a steep learning curve but honestly if i can do any1 can. Most of my clan ended up playing it and loved it, we did a load of side missions such as eliminate the enemy and steal their protype jet.

I'm willing to run some "noob" schools one night this week. If your interested just reply and i'l sort something out.

Soldato
Get your guys on the server mate.. Rit now it is only 20 players, but will increase that as I go along...

Patrol ops is pretty bloody good. Forces you to work as a team to achieve the objective. The amount of opfor increases as player count increases, we were calling in air strikes last night, had a heli on over watch..

Too tall, we have found out is a master in a harrier.. Got some footage which I will upload, just let's say I was ducking my head in eal life as well.. Lol

Soldato
Get your guys on the server mate.. Rit now it is only 20 players, but will increase that as I go along...

Patrol ops is pretty bloody good. Forces you to work as a team to achieve the objective. The amount of opfor increases as player count increases, we were calling in air strikes last night, had a heli on over watch..

Too tall, we have found out is a master in a harrier.. Got some footage which I will upload, just let's say I was ducking my head in eal life as well.. Lol

YEah will do mate. Tho we're all in work now :(

Soldato
Okay, updated the server with two different mission types.

As before patrol ops, and added insurgency chernarus into the rotation as well..

Soldato
Awesome fun tonight. Especially the last bit of action.

Can't remember who it was, there were 3 BlueFor driving around the city so I watched them for a few minutes going round the same way...planted an IED next to a ural and waited.....BOOM! Only blew the tires out but 3 BlueFor piled out only to be gunned down while trying to figure out what the hell was going on!

Back
Top Bottom