Arrested Development

Associate
I just started watching this a few weeks ago & have to say it's probably one of the most original, witty shows on television. Any one agree?

(duh there's already an old thread on it!)

OK here's another interesting topic... is it an african culture for men to have long finger nails
?

Soldato
Yeah its excellent. I love the "next week" bits at the end that never actually happen.

I think the US network that made it cancelled it cause Americans didn't find it funny or something.

Associate
OP
CryptKeeper said:
Yeah its excellent. I love the "next week" bits at the end that never actually happen.

I think the US network that made it cancelled it cause Americans didn't find it funny or something.
Maybe it's good that they cancelled it when it was still quirky. Remember in the beginning when Frasier used to be funny?

Associate
I loved it to bits and still watch individual episodes once in a while, with still happning to see some subtle funny stuff that I somehow failed to spot the first time.

One think I didnt quite like though is the way the show sort of started repeating itself in terms of certain funny, at first, things. Also the features of many characters arent very consistent compared to the Pilot. For instance, Buster is said to be having panic attacks, to have studied some weird cartography stuff etc, yet, after the Pilot, he is simply like a retard living with his mother. Also I know its meant to be a comedy etc but some of the stuff is no way logical to be occuring and looked way too made up.

Nevertheless, something fresh from the USA and its a shame it stopped!

Soldato
Watched seasons 1&2 and thought it was OK. I probably shouldn't have watched them all so quickly tho - I think maybe it's more enjoyable just watching it once a week, or whatever.....found I got bored of it, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom