Arsenal Ponder legal action

rug

rug

Associate
That has to be one of the most deliberate attempts at injuring a player I've ever seen, so blatantly going for the player.
I notice that toe rag got sent off in his first Sunderland appearance a few games back. The guy needs to take a serious look at himself.

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
arsenal and wenger want to look at their own history before they complain elsewhere. :o

What the hell does that have to with it. How can you defend a tackle like that with a stupid argument like that? Are you trying to suggest that because once an Arsenal player injured another player we can't complain about a tackle which 'could' ruin a players career. A player that certainly didn't go for the ball. That player then got away with a yellow card. Do me a favour.

Also the history is nowhere near as bad as the press would have you believe, iirc Arsenal have been winners of the fair play award for 2 years running.

Soldato
all this omg how dare they etc etc and wenger doing his usual moan, yeah it was a horror tackle. but how many has been done by arsenal players under wenger, and of course wenger never ever sees the ones done by his players.

Soldato
Again thats no real argument is it. Of course Arsenal players have caused injuries to other players, it's part and parcel of the game, However I certainly don't remember at Arsenal player in recent years going out with the intention of hurting another player, which is what is being suggested here.

Or are you trying to suggest every time we see a bad career threatening tackle go unpunished we can say its alright because that club has had a player injure another player before. Right....

You do realise the only reason Wenger is mentioning Legal action is too push the FA/UEFA/FIFA to do something.

Associate
He did.
Trial judge went with Saunders explanation that "he raised his studs at the last moment to prevent injury to himself"....pity he wasn't as worried about Elliotts cruciates, which were severed there and then.
Never played again.

Back
Top Bottom