1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AS Exam Timetable Rant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tommy B, 14 May 2006.

1. Tommy B

Sgarrista

I'm doing AS levels in a few weeks.

Am I the only one to think that, at this level, having 7 hours of exams in one day is slightly unfair? Do the exam boards employ morons to come up with these timetables?

I honestly believe my performance will be dramatically reduced for the last few exams, as will my concentration. This effectively jeopardises my chances of doing well. What’s more is that they could have put Maths and Physics together, two exams that require a similar state of mind. The cretins instead decide that it’d be a laugh to put economics and physics together instead.

I appreciate that there are much more irritating, difficult exam challenges ahead but I just think it’s harsh to put a 17 year old through 7 hours of exams in one day.

I'm absolutely furious tbh.

2. William

Capodecina

I did it, you'll live.

Edit:

You could be doing an Meng assesment, think yourself lucky. :D

Last edited: 14 May 2006
  3. reflex

Wise Guy

I have 12 exams, im totally laid back about it, whatever will be will be :D

However i dont have like 7 hours of exams on 1 day :D:D

4. spirit

Wise Guy

stop whining, every year has had to have physics and economics together..

and its not 7hours.. (at least i dont think it was it was only eco 123 and 2 physics papers afaik)

and maths and physics can't got together due to stuff like further maths etc

Last edited: 14 May 2006
  5. Dave

Mobster

Pff - I had a 2hr30 geo exam in an morning and 4h30 of physics in the afternoon too last week (IB) - you'll live!

Just to run it in, just about everyone has finished IB exams now - I've just got 1 more hour of maths and 4 and a half hours of chem spread over 1 week and then I'm done ;)

6. the_brainaic

Hitman

I'm not as bad off, but I've got my Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mechanics exams all in the same week. The only exams I'm taking that are outside that week are 4 core Maths modules and STEP I.

7. Superdude

Hitman

I had that back in the day

2 computing exams in the morning and 2 media exams in the afternoon ALL with extra time. I was there untill nearly 7 that night

8. zain

Mobster

I had that too, its quite brain draining so make sure you revise hard and have good sleep, I dont know if you get a food shop or not though so dont forget your lunch!

9. spirit

Wise Guy

my worst was AEA Economics and AEA Physics.. literally 6hrs :( but then i didnt actually sit the physics, couldn't be bothered in the end

edit @ zain

they arent even back to back.. 3 econs, about 3hours, bout1hr20min break then 2physics bout 2hours..

10. PureAppleJuice

Wise Guy

Well, i've got an hour English Lit. exam tomorrow... Yeah, at 8:45, ridiculous :p

11. punky_munky

Mobster

That sounds really tough. I have five 2nd year degree exams over two weeks which I thought was pretty gruelling. Having exams on consecutive days is bad enough but having them in the same day sounds awful. Good luck to you. I hope your writing hand can take it. I reccomend a nice gel pen or something that you don't have to press hard with - a biro will kill you.

12. Inquisitor

Capodecina

I'm really quite hacked off at whatever morons decided to screw up the R.S. exams. It used to be 3 separate 45 minute exams, which would be fine with me. However, those idiots decided to shorten each exam to just 30 minutes to make it "easier" for us (which is rubbish - I'd much rather have more time so I can write a decent answer). After doing this, they realised it would only be 3 hours in total and thought "Hey! We can stick them all together as one exam now!".

And on top of that, I have a 3 hour computing exam on the same day... completely opposite subjects as well :mad:

13. zain

Mobster

Yeah but in the 1 hour 20 mins you're supervised. Oh no, thats because we had an exam that had already taken place due to the clash :p

14. carvegio

Wise Guy

quit yer belly aching...

Ive had similar and to make it worse on my birthday too.

15. Dave

Mobster

All of my morning exams started/start at 8am, including 2 english lit and 2 french lit papers ;)

16. Tommy B

Sgarrista

Scientific research shows that optimum concentration lasts around 15 minutes, not 420 minutes.

At any level, or at any exam, you should not have to sit that many hours in one day.

17. Galaxy

Hitman

I thought that 6 hours worth of exams in a day is considered acceptable by the exam boards, but any more than this then you can ask for them to be separated. I'd speak to someone at your school/college if I were you.

18. Ja (:

Gangster

Yeah i was told this too. If you have more than 6 hours exams you can spend the night at a teachers house and then take the rest the next day. During that period you can have no external communication. So it would be a huge pain in the bottom. But my teacher at college did say that it had been done several times before.

19. spirit

Wise Guy

thats if they are back-2-back afaik..hence not applicable in this case.

20. Hate

Soldato

been there, done that more times than I can remember through school, college and uni ;)