Ashes thread - England vs Australia * SPOILERS *

Caporegime
e36Adz said:
Just some cricket news:

Umpire Darrell Hair is to sue world cricket's governing body and the Pakistan Cricket Board for racial discrimination.

Amazing that this fat tit of an umpire cant seem to get it through his thick skull that what happened last yr at the Oval, had nothing to do with racism lol. I cant see him winning the case, if the ICC had any guts they would sack the fat whinging **** asap and make sure he never umpires another match again.

Good luck to him though, hes going to need it. Mind you he will have a hefty court bill to pay which serves him right imho.

Man of Honour
Good for him, I said at the time it was odd that Pakistan's complaints were aimed solely at Hair & not Doctrove, they have a problem with Hair & let's face it, he acted completely within the rules when abandoning the game. He also acted completely within the rules if he felt there was some ball tampering going on, as did Doctrove, but Hair alone copped all the abuse from that mad PCB chairman and has paid for it, Doctrove got away without a blemish.
There were no differences between the 2 umpires actions & they were both equally accountable. The only difference is their skin colour, so although it's highly unlikely he'll win his case, he does have a point.

Soldato
I agree, there were 2 umpires umpiring that match Darryl Hair and Billy Doctrove.

One has been insinuated as a racist villain of the piece by the PCB and ICC and had his character dragged through the mud and now demoted to umpiring Kenya V Scotland and other minor league cricket.

The other has gone back to work without anyone even questioning his part in the whole affair.

Now surely Hair couldnt do Pakistan for ball tampering on his own without Doctroves agreement which means he's as culpable as Hair was.

Is that because ones black and ones white.........difficult to prove so I can't see him winning any case but it can't be denied he's been hounded out of international cricket by the Asian nations.

Caporegime
Psycho Ned said:
I agree, there were 2 umpires umpiring that match Darryl Hair and Billy Doctrove.

One has been insinuated as a racist villain of the piece by the PCB and ICC and had his character dragged through the mud and now demoted to umpiring Kenya V Scotland and other minor league cricket.

The other has gone back to work without anyone even questioning his part in the whole affair.

Now surely Hair couldnt do Pakistan for ball tampering on his own without Doctroves agreement which means he's as culpable as Hair was.

Is that because ones black and ones white.........difficult to prove so I can't see him winning any case but it can't be denied he's been hounded out of international cricket by the Asian nations.

BS and you know it, you seem to forget that Hair was the senior umpire so the blame lies squarely at his feet as he took it upon himself to make the decision..whether or not Doctrove agreed or not. But to be fair Doctrove should also be held responsible for his part as well, albeit a small part. As for claims of racism??, the guy needs to get a grip...it was the ICC in nov that took the decision to relieve him of his duties as they had lost faith in judgement and the ICC isnt just made up of Pakistan and other asian countries;). His claims of racism are frankly quite utterly laughable, plenty of other countries have had issues with his umpiring...he seem to have some sort of 'god complex' when he umpires. Far as im concerned, this has nothing to do with racism...what it has to do with is his ineptness as an umpire.

Far as im concerned he hasnt got a leg to stand on and as i said before i hope this just puts the final nail in his coffin so to speak. The ICC need to sack him and sack him soon as hes pretty much a liability now. Im sure any other employer who was being sued wouldnt want such an pompous idiot like him working for them again. Mind you kudos to him for having the balls to actually try and sue both the ICC and PCB.

Associate
Looks like Vaughan is flying home because he has aggrivated his hamstring again. Is the writing on the wall for him? Can we keep having the Captain coming in and out of the side, in poor fitness and form? A long term Captaincy replacement must be in the thoughts of the ECB by now surely.

Man of Honour
well, whatever you think of him it does look a lot like the ICC demoted him because of pressure from the asian member nations and it does seem odd that only one umpire was treated so harshly. That he was the 'senior umpire' doesn't really count for much here, that term isn't an official one as far as I know and while he may have been the more experienced that doesn't count in court.

Regarding his ability as an umpire, the problems people refer to are those that came up when he started no-balling players for throwing. Thats a contentious issue but apart from that his record is very good, his general decisions have a very good record of being correct.

he acted within the rules in that match and was persecuted for it. the pcb pushed the icc to sack or demote him but not the other umpire nor the match referee.

Given the facts, his case for discrimination isn't bad.

All that said, I'm not saying he is or isn't a racist bar steward, I hold a lingering suspicion he might be a bit but he acted within the rules and was hounded from his post. Whatever happens thats a worrying precident - don't like a decision? complain to the icc and get the umpire sacked!

Man of Honour
Rosbif said:
Looks like Vaughan is flying home because he has aggrivated his hamstring again. Is the writing on the wall for him? Can we keep having the Captain coming in and out of the side, in poor fitness and form? A long term Captaincy replacement must be in the thoughts of the ECB by now surely.

For gods sake surely they've got to give strauss back the captaincy for the finals now....or maybe they don't want to damage his stock by giving him charge of a 2-0 thrashing...

Man of Honour
The finale of the ODI is looking like its going to be close.

Bell has just fallen at 148-4. 253 needed to win.

Good partnership between Bell and Colly. Fingers crossed Freddie can come in and get a good knock.

Soldato
Crikey that was tight!

I often think on when they have those run out decisions that these days they should have a couple of those high motion cameras you can get now because the frames are not exactly exact on the current old skool system.

Not complaining there though :p

Soldato
100 for Collingwood it's been like boom or bust for him on this tour he got a double century in the tests then didnt score anything for about 7 games and now has scored 2 centurys in a row!

Back
Top Bottom