1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASP - Book on building a basic content management system?

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by MagSafe, 15 Aug 2006.

1. MagSafe

Wise Guy

Hey :)

I'm looking to start learning ASP properly to start building a basic content management system. I already know how to do it with PHP but I need to learn the asp way now (unfortunatly) and i'm looking for something the same as the book below, except in asp & ms access:

[​IMG]

I know building a website using the classic asp way with a ms access database isn't the best way of doing things... but still, i want to learn it for future use :)

I've been looking for books like this, but can't seem to find one that will guide you through the different stages of doing it? I've already got ASP: Made Simple and Sams Teach Yourself ASP in 21 days, but they don't seem to guide you through how to build a content management system properly with, for example, a login system, how to link one div to another one by going loading things through a database etc. etc.

I was hoping anyone that knows of one let me know?

Cheers :)

2. therubble

Hitman

ASP is a dead language, I suggest you try and use asp.net if that's an option.

3. JustinW

Associate

ASP.NET 2.0 to be precicse- don't learn 1.1

Justin