AsRock A300 Deskmini

bol

bol

Associate
I'm looking at getting one of these, for my daughter for world of tanks, roblox etc.
Gotta say its the smallest I've seen to pair with a raven ridge apu and the stealth cooler fits with minimal modification.
Around the size of a atx psu.

Associate
I was very tempted by the A300 Deskmini, but ended up going with a B450 ITX board to pair with the 2400G so that I could overclock the iGPU and CPU. If I was only going to keep everything at stock settings, I most likely would have got the A300 Deskmini instead.

Associate
Really tempted, thinking about selling my current rig and downsize.

I just need to get 3400G (when it's released), 16GB SO-DIMM RAM @ 3000+ Mhz and Noctua L9a cooler and it's good to go (I already have other stuff like SSD, etc, sorted out).

If 3600G is a thing (the 6 core + Navi APU) and is supported, then the system becomes even better.

bol

bol

Associate
I don't think the chipset will support new gen apu's. Can't remember where I saw it, but I don't think b350 will either, happy to be proved wrong though.
Incidentally, all the builds I see on YouTube have the am3 cooler brackets fitted why are these still a thing?

Associate
Really tempted, thinking about selling my current rig and downsize.

I just need to get 3400G (when it's released), 16GB SO-DIMM RAM @ 3000+ Mhz and Noctua L9a cooler and it's good to go (I already have other stuff like SSD, etc, sorted out).

If 3600G is a thing (the 6 core + Navi APU) and is supported, then the system becomes even better.
Isn't the 3400g a refresh of what's currently available?

Associate
So it looks like 3400G at stock performs like an overclocked 2400G, which makes it a great option for this little machine since you can't overclock anything except for RAM.

Last edited:
Associate
does the power supply come with the case or do you have to get that separately? is the power supply an external one?
It comes with an external power brick.
contents2.jpg

close3.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-deskmini-a300/
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/index.asp#Specification

Back
Top Bottom