AsRock A300 Deskmini

Man of Honour
Got me something very similar.... HP 705 G4 mini...

AMD Ryzen Pro 2400GE APU with vega11, 32gb memory, NVME and its a tiny tiny machine.... Id hazard a guess at half the size of the asrock mini total power is 35w, that on top is a micro laptop mouse :)

Associate

AMD Ryzen Pro 2400GE APU with vega11, 32gb memory, NVME and its a tiny tiny machine.... Id hazard a guess at half the size of the asrock mini total power is 35w, that on top is a micro laptop mouse :)

I think I prefer the look of the DeskMini A300, but that certainly is an interesting alternative.

Man of Honour
I think I prefer the look of the DeskMini A300, but that certainly is an interesting alternative.

Yea i'm certainly enjoying playing with it. I was amazed at how small they have managed to make these things. This thing is like an inch tall and that in itself is very impressive.

Associate

my wife would love one that small, can you mount it vertically?

Man of Honour

You can it comes with a little vertical mount stand and can also be Vesa mounted between the monitor an mount. I can get some pics of it in its stand tomorrow. Comes with 2 display ports and usb 3.1 love that.

Also has space inside for a 2.5" drive.

Last edited:
Soldato

Wow that is small.... what cpu cooler does it have?

Man of Honour
Wow that is small.... what cpu cooler does it have?

It has a custom one with pretty much a laptop fan in there. Does boost to 3.8 happily and sits at like 3.3 to 3.5 under load so it doesn't feel constrained by the cooling solution like my laptop does. My laptop has probably one of the best apu's ever made yet performance is nowhere near where it should be. This thing is pretty much bang on.

Soldato
It has a custom one with pretty much a laptop fan in there. Does boost to 3.8 happily and sits at like 3.3 to 3.5 under load so it doesn't feel constrained by the cooling solution like my laptop does. My laptop has probably one of the best apu's ever made yet performance is nowhere near where it should be. This thing is pretty much bang on.

Is it a ryzen apu in your laptop? if it doesn't have dual memory setup that could be issue.

Man of Honour
Is it a ryzen apu in your laptop? if it doesn't have dual memory setup that could be issue.

No it's kaby Lake G (8705G) or the same APU used in Hades Canyon, It's a i7 4c/8t 4.1ghz boost + 24cu vega with 4gb HBM all on a single 65w package.

Amazing in spec, not good in reality, the chassis can't keep the heat away so even with undervolting and messing around there isn't a lot you can do.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Dimensions are 18cm, 17cm deep, 3.4 cm tall and this is it vertical, sorry @HeX, I didn't mean at all to trash the thread just wanted to point out that there are plenty of options for really tiny machines based around Ryzen APUs:

Fwiw the more I play with this thing the more I love it. It has a massive amount of charm over say a hp prodesk 400 G4 and performance wise is roughly the same. The g4 has a 6500/7500/8500 based on when they were bought which is give or take (based on my benches) around the same level of performance +/- a few percent here or there.

Associate
Thanks @Vince and @HeX and @an0nym0us for your content. I just wish that I had seen this thread a week or two earlier as it now looks like the Silverstone Raven that I have just received is huge in comparison to these little monsters. They will be great with the next gen AMD APU's. Perhaps in 18 months I will reclaim the wife's new build that I will be doing this weekend (3600, 8 pack 16gb edition 3200, B450 gigabyte ITX, corsair M510 1.9TB nvme etc) and give her one of these small jobs with a Ryzen 4400G.

Associate
Thanks @Vince and @HeX and @an0nym0us for your content. I just wish that I had seen this thread a week or two earlier as it now looks like the Silverstone Raven that I have just received is huge in comparison to these little monsters. They will be great with the next gen AMD APU's. Perhaps in 18 months I will reclaim the wife's new build that I will be doing this weekend (3600, 8 pack 16gb edition 3200, B450 gigabyte ITX, corsair M510 1.9TB nvme etc) and give her one of these small jobs with a Ryzen 4400G.
Good luck trying to borrow that R7 1700 for the B450 ITX BIOS update! Fingers crossed it's already up to date out of the box (unlikely though).

Associate
I don't need to borrow the 1700. The B450 gigabyte ITX that I have bought was from another supplied who have flashed the bios to F41 for free and delivered it the next day!
When I phoned them with my worry about flashing the bios they offered. I have heard that OcUK will not do that but I don't know for sure as I have not asked them (instead I bought the 8 pack edition memeory and a RX570 recently from OcUK).

Back
Top Bottom