• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
I had issues with RAM overclocking, my audio would start crackling when the RAM was overclocked to an overclocked that works fine on 2.10. So I guess there were some issues.

Yep. I concur to this with the 2.11

I see the beata BIOS's with AGESA 1004 are now available under the BETA sections for each board @ ASRock. Anyone tried it yet?

Yes using the 2.46 from Asrock website tonight, it works fine and took the XMP fine.
Previous beta from other sources was crappy as posted above.

Associate
2.46 seems decent. The boot speed is very fast now, BIOS screen appears very quickly and a few seconds latter the windows login screen.

All I had to do was copy my ram settings from 2.10. All voltages are stock auto, except the dram voltage. I did turn the LN2 option to disabled and PBO to disabled. No fan ramping at boot. Did not even have to setup the boot drive. Did not get the increase in all core clock speed.

Last edited:
Associate
2.46 seems decent. The boot speed is very fast now, BIOS screen appears very quickly and a few seconds latter the windows login screen.

All I had to do was copy my ram settings from 2.10. All voltages are stock auto, except the dram voltage. I did turn the LN2 option to disabled and PBO to disabled. No fan ramping at boot. Did not even have to setup the boot drive. Did not get the increase in all core clock speed.

@zx128k yes 2.46beta is better than 2.10 and 2.11.

Even the fan noise went away (before BIOS boot) that had appeared around the 2.10 time and complained earlier.

Interesting that you guys find this bios better. I'm getting worse single and multi core boost speeds, to be honest my multi core boost speeds were already stupidly low at 4.05Ghz at stock when I could get 4.3Ghz at 1.25V with a manual overclock.

Associate
Interesting that you guys find this bios better. I'm getting worse single and multi core boost speeds, to be honest my multi core boost speeds were already stupidly low at 4.05Ghz at stock when I could get 4.3Ghz at 1.25V with a manual overclock.

Same here been testing all night but the performance drop is very small for me. Beta software normally gets optimized before release, I think this BIOS just has the faster bootup.

Last edited:
Associate
I was apprehensive of the beta bios but I tried it and now I can boot my 3700x + my gskill 3600 cl16 ram with the xmp profile. couldnt do that before, had to drop it to 5733. I had the same trouble with the old 1700x it replaced (Tiachi x570 now, b350 somethingorother before). Been gaming and chatting on the pc all night and hasnt crashed. boot times are now a LOT better. It's seemed to have accepted my xmp profile so doesn't stall on that anymore, further speeding up the boot time. My cinebench scores are weird. I havent seen my 3700x hit 4.4 anymore with new bios but I get better scores and the idle temps are s you would expect. it will drop to 0.2v on the deskop. it's beta, but im keeping it on for now!

Matt

Soldato
I don't have an m2 SSD so have no idea if a fat one like the Corsair MP600 can fit underneath the armour plate on the x570 Taichi. Something I've been wondering since the new flat TeamGroup SSD'd were announced.

Soldato
I don't have an m2 SSD so have no idea if a fat one like the Corsair MP600 can fit underneath the armour plate on the x570 Taichi. Something I've been wondering since the new flat TeamGroup SSD'd were announced.
Yes I have MP600 and fits under the armour plate on the direct to CPU wired NVME slot. You just have to remove it's cooler. :)

Soldato
OK. Because some of the settings took me a long time to find especially where the CPPC settings are, here are what you have to do to activate 1usmus Power plan

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-zen-2-processors/

On Bios for the X570 Taichi
a) Go to Advanced\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options
Set Global C-State Control = Enabled
Set Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle

b) Go to Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\SMU Common Options
Set CPPC = Enabled
Set CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled

I haven't manage to find the AMD Cool 'n' Quiet & PPC Adjustment so if anyone has, let me know to update.

Last edited:
Associate
Having a few issues with the 2.46 beta. Switched on pc earlier and it rebooted a few times during post then left fans running loud. Rebooted into bios and found fan profile settings had been reverted back to "standard" from the silent setting I had saved it on earlier. I've reloaded defaults and enabled xmp/set fan profiles again - will check if it does it again next reboot.

Not noticed any boosting differences from 2.10. Will check things out more thoroughly this evening.

Associate
Having a few issues with the 2.46 beta. Switched on pc earlier and it rebooted a few times during post then left fans running loud. Rebooted into bios and found fan profile settings had been reverted back to "standard" from the silent setting I had saved it on earlier. I've reloaded defaults and enabled xmp/set fan profiles again - will check if it does it again next reboot.

Not noticed any boosting differences from 2.10. Will check things out more thoroughly this evening.

Sounds like you failed to boot and the bios has reset to defaults. I would check your RAM settings. vDRAM would be my first guess.

Associate
Sounds like you failed to boot and the bios has reset to defaults. I would check your RAM settings. vDRAM would be my first guess.

Been fine up until now. memory voltage is at 1.35, as set by XMP. Last few reboots since clearing and setting xmp on redoing fan profiles have been ok. I have turned off auto overclocking though - which doesn't seem to have effected boost speeds anyway. Will see how it goes.

Associate
Been fine up until now. memory voltage is at 1.35, as set by XMP. Last few reboots since clearing and setting xmp on redoing fan profiles have been ok. I have turned off auto overclocking though - which doesn't seem to have effected boost speeds anyway. Will see how it goes.

Sometimes there are a few restarts as the memory trains. Normally the fans are not affected unless cmos is cleared. Nice that it works now.

Soldato
Sometimes there are a few restarts as the memory trains. Normally the fans are not affected unless cmos is cleared. Nice that it works now.

^^This. On my ASRock board (Phantom Gaming 4) I have to manually restart at one point after it rebooting more than once, then it boots in with the new RAM settings if its gonna.

With the fan settings - HAve you saved your BIOS settings into one of the 5 BIOS profiles available? If you just save and close without saving to a profile, it wont remember them unless it's part of a saved profile. You gotta scroll down in the OC TWeaker menu to see the slots. Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but just in case.

Associate
^^This. On my ASRock board (Phantom Gaming 4) I have to manually restart at one point after it rebooting more than once, then it boots in with the new RAM settings if its gonna.

With the fan settings - HAve you saved your BIOS settings into one of the 5 BIOS profiles available? If you just save and close without saving to a profile, it wont remember them unless it's part of a saved profile. You gotta scroll down in the OC TWeaker menu to see the slots. Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but just in case.

I always saved to one of those profiles. Never knew that this could cause issues. Thank you for posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom