• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Having a few issues with the 2.46 beta. Switched on pc earlier and it rebooted a few times during post then left fans running loud. Rebooted into bios and found fan profile settings had been reverted back to "standard" from the silent setting I had saved it on earlier. I've reloaded defaults and enabled xmp/set fan profiles again - will check if it does it again next reboot.

Not noticed any boosting differences from 2.10. Will check things out more thoroughly this evening.

Did it again this evening. Turned pc on it sat on full fans and blank screen for a bit, then rebooted. Rebooted as few times more before finally starting. Went into bios and found defaults loaded again. Loaded saved settings and reboot - came up with asrock screen and startup menu, then rebooted etc.

Powered off pc then switched off power supply. All back on and started up first time with no issues at all, xmp in place etc. Don't know if this is an issues with 2.46/2.50 or my pc, but hasn't done this with 2.10 and earlier. May revert back and see if it behaves itself again.

EDIT - Again this morning, although even switched off power didn't help either. When I finally got into bios, it had even reset the time too. Gone back to 2.10 for now, which has booted up fine. Will see how it goes over next few days.

Last edited:
Associate
Had some issues with 2.50, two cores would not boost at all just sat at low speeds below base clock. Also games would crash to desktop very rarely (once). Also the cores would not boost above 4424Mhz no matter what. Also all core boost dropped from 4449MHz in games to 4399-4374MHz. 3DMark dropped lots of points. It's cold were I live at the moment so I can idle at 23c. 2.50 runs cooler but also much slower. Performance wise 2.10 is far better than 2.50.

So I am back with 2.10.

Soldato
Did it again this evening. Turned pc on it sat on full fans and blank screen for a bit, then rebooted. Rebooted as few times more before finally starting. Went into bios and found defaults loaded again. Loaded saved settings and reboot - came up with asrock screen and startup menu, then rebooted etc.

Powered off pc then switched off power supply. All back on and started up first time with no issues at all, xmp in place etc. Don't know if this is an issues with 2.46/2.50 or my pc, but hasn't done this with 2.10 and earlier. May revert back and see if it behaves itself again.

EDIT - Again this morning, although even switched off power didn't help either. When I finally got into bios, it had even reset the time too. Gone back to 2.10 for now, which has booted up fine. Will see how it goes over next few days.

My phantom gaming 4 did the same sort of thing. After reboot from flashing BIOS it went to default BIOS settings. Rebooted to BIOS and re applied my profile. Didnt like that. So keyed in the profile manually instead of loading from profile, I booted this time. Then went back and saved the prifile over the old one. Dunno why it failoed the application of the profile that worked under the beata version of patch B. Used Ryzen master to apply Auto OC. I have noticed since the beta that where I used to get 5/8 cores to 4.6+. I'm now only getting 1 core, with the rest @4.5+

May try re applying the chipset drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had some issues with 2.50, two cores would not boost at all just sat at low speeds below base clock. Also games would crash to desktop very rarely (once). Also the cores would not boost above 4424Mhz no matter what. Also all core boost dropped from 4449MHz in games to 4399-4374MHz. 3DMark dropped lots of points. It's cold were I live at the moment so I can idle at 23c. 2.50 runs cooler but also much slower. Performance wise 2.10 is far better than 2.50.

So I am back with 2.10.

IDK about you but 2.50 has been best BIOS yet. I hope you do not use any old settings (Asrock doesn't delete them) when you flash the bios, because things have changed.
New things appeared like the VDDP IOU while few things are gone (like BGS).

It also took the first try 3800C16 ram overclock by hand. All that time had to tweak it from the DRAM calculator numbers.

Also FYI. After upgrading to AGESA 1004 you shouldn't roll back.

Associate
IDK about you but 2.50 has been best BIOS yet. I hope you do not use any old settings (Asrock doesn't delete them) when you flash the bios, because things have changed.
New things appeared like the VDDP IOU while few things are gone (like BGS).

It also took the first try 3800C16 ram overclock by hand. All that time had to tweak it from the DRAM calculator numbers.

Also FYI. After upgrading to AGESA 1004 you shouldn't roll back.

Never had an issue before using XMP straight off the bat, even with the original bios the board came with. I've tried resetting to defaults in the bios etc, which I tend to do anyway when updating just in case - and I'm still having issues with 2.50.

I don't even get a message like "error booting, defaults loaded" or other such alert to say it's having issues - or any hint as to what stage is having the problem.

Intermittant issues are a pain to resolve, so sticking to 2.10 for now to make sure everything runs ok for a while before I think about trying 2.50 again.

As for roll back - if it's a complete bios flash and not a patch/update, I can't see why rolling back is an issue? It's not as if the AGESA is written to the CPU or anything.

Soldato
Never had an issue before using XMP straight off the bat, even with the original bios the board came with. I've tried resetting to defaults in the bios etc, which I tend to do anyway when updating just in case - and I'm still having issues with 2.50.

I don't even get a message like "error booting, defaults loaded" or other such alert to say it's having issues - or any hint as to what stage is having the problem.

Intermittant issues are a pain to resolve, so sticking to 2.10 for now to make sure everything runs ok for a while before I think about trying 2.50 again.

As for roll back - if it's a complete bios flash and not a patch/update, I can't see why rolling back is an issue? It's not as if the AGESA is written to the CPU or anything.

The issues you describe I had them with the early 1004 AGESA beta. But not with 2.50.

Soldato
What I am not impressed with and which will influence future buying decisions is the original Taichi x370 is still on an older BIOS 1.0.0.3 ABB!!!

This was and is meant to be a top board. Even my cheapo Prime Pro x370 which cost almost 50% less than the Taichi did when it launched is on the the newer 1.0.0.3ABBA Agesa and I am anticipating by the end of the month the new 1.0.0.4B Agesa.

This is not acceptable from Asrock.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What I am not impressed with and which will influence future buying decisions is the original Taichi x370 is still on an older BIOS 1.0.0.3 ABB!!!

This was and is meant to be a top board. Even my cheapo Prime Pro x370 which cost almost 50% less than the Taichi did when it launched is on the the newer 1.0.0.3ABBA Agesa and I am anticipating by the end of the month the new 1.0.0.4B Agesa.

This is not acceptable from Asrock.
Never did like Asrock. I always stay away from them personally.

Associate
I've been having problems since the update to 2.50. When I boot up my PC after a few hours of being shut down, it gets stuck and the debug led doesn't even come on. When I reset it and it finally boots, it loses all my settings. I've run memtest and everything is stable. Waiting for the next update...

Soldato
I've been having problems since the update to 2.50. When I boot up my PC after a few hours of being shut down, it gets stuck and the debug led doesn't even come on. When I reset it and it finally boots, it loses all my settings. I've run memtest and everything is stable. Waiting for the next update...

As zx128k mentions above, you cant load old profiles under 2.50. So you need to re enter the settings again manually, save and exit. Then go back into BIOS and save it as a new profile (or over the old one). Was the same for me on 2.00 on my phantom Gaming 4

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Heads up. New bios http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/AM4/X570 Taichi(L2.56)ROM.zip L2.56 up for the Taichi x570 and new AMD chipset drivers https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570. Booted up and reset my bios options. All seems good. Ran a quick R20 and got 508 single with PBO disabled on my 3700X with 3600C16 ram. Seems in line with what I expected. I'll try some apps and games to make sure it's all good.

Cheers Matt

[edited for links]

Upgraded mine yesterday, and forgot to set the NVME drives back up lol, resulted in a worrying few mins where it was booting to an old SSD with an old version of windows and bluescreening :p

Another thing i didnt remember to do was change the fan headers back to pumps etc for my AIO, @Smudge reminded me to do that and everything now back and running as normal.

Speeds dont seem to have increased, im still hitting 211 in single Core in CB15 and 2022 i think it is in Multcore in CB15, cores are happily sitting at 4.55 on lightly threaded and 4.2 on all cores when all are in use etc.

Back
Top Bottom