• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Caporegime
Anyone else finding boost clocks severely limited on the 3900X and this board.

With PBO off the TDC limit kicks in and stops me going over 4ghz all core in Cinebench. Dialling in a manual overclock lets me go above the TDC limit.

Is there anyway to disable the TDC limit but keep the stock boost?

Soldato

With PBO off the TDC limit kicks in and stops me going over 4ghz all core in Cinebench. Dialling in a manual overclock lets me go above the TDC limit.

Not noticed a issue with the 2.5 bios am running, hits 4.570 on 6 and on occasion 2 will hit 4.650 for a millisecond

He's not alone, I was having issues too, I changed my GPU cooler and upped my fan speeds and temps were manageable.

My cards water cooled so maybe way mines fine .

Caporegime
Not noticed a issue with the 2.5 bios am running, hits 4.570 on 6 and on occasion 2 will hit 4.650 for a millisecond

Those transient boosts are pretty meaningless to be honest. It's the all core load boosts I'm trying to tweak. Looks like full manual is the only way around it.

My cards water cooled so maybe way mines fine .

It's the heat dumping from the GPU that is the issue, watercooling solves it completely, as does a blower card.

Soldato
Update. Installed 2.73 haven't seen much difference tbh.

Holly mother!!!! There is a difference :)
DRAM Calculator gave me different 3800C16 setup with the 2.73 and latency dropped to 63ns!!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have had this board since launch day and anything other than leaving the RAM at stock setting it just crashes.

TEAM GROUP EDITION 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ

Even just enabling XMP it crashes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the RAM, it was running overclocked previously.

Caporegime
I have had this board since launch day and anything other than leaving the RAM at stock setting it just crashes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the RAM, it was running overclocked previously.

Have you tried the DRAM calculator settings?

Soldato

Got the RAM in the right slots? I think you gotta use slots A2 & B2 when using dual channel.

Soldato

May I ask why you bother trying to make CB work faster? Do you use the type of all core load that you need to go over the all core boost of 4050-4100? (cooler depending).
If so, use manual OC to 4400 and leave voltage to auto.

Otherwise if you only use light loads (like gaming), activate XFR, Cstates, Prefered Cores, disable PBO and raise the bus to 100.1 with end target 100.4 when all is stable.
Even the worst games that hammer 2-3 cores of the CPU at 100% load, would be operating at 4500-4600Mhz constantly.

Back
Top Bottom