• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Caporegime
May I ask why you bother trying to make CB work faster? Do you use the type of all core load that you need to go over the all core boost of 4050-4100? (cooler depending).
If so, use manual OC to 4400 and leave voltage to auto.

Otherwise if you only use light loads (like gaming), activate XFR, Cstates, Prefered Cores, disable PBO and raise the bus to 100.1 with end target 100.4 when all is stable.
Even the worst games that hammer 2-3 cores of the CPU at 100% load, would be operating at 4500-4600Mhz constantly.

I was curious more than anything. Plus I seemed to have sub par CB scores so wanted to iron that out if possible.

I was playing with manual CCX overclocking vs auto boosting. Going to try the XFR settings tou mentioned next time I have some time.

Soldato
Anyone else finding boost clocks severely limited on the 3900X and this board.

With PBO off the TDC limit kicks in and stops me going over 4ghz all core in Cinebench. Dialling in a manual overclock lets me go above the TDC limit.

Is there anyway to disable the TDC limit but keep the stock boost?

Was rummaging in my BIOS on Phantom Gaming 4 and saw under the BIOS PBO setting, that there were BIOS level limits for TDC, PPT & EPT, so maybe we have to up them at the BIOS level first now?

Soldato
I was curious more than anything. Plus I seemed to have sub par CB scores so wanted to iron that out if possible.

I was playing with manual CCX overclocking vs auto boosting. Going to try the XFR settings tou mentioned next time I have some time.

My "CB" multi core performance is around 7250-7280 depending time of day and how warm is the room given that I just use a D15 on silent mode.
Single core performance is 520-522 again pending time of day with SMT on, where the single core load bounces between threads 4/0, 4/1, 5/0, 5/1 doing 96.5% load on the /1 threads.

With SMT OFF, goes higher as the workload thread doesn't bounce to the "SMT threads" sticking on the "core threads" of 4 & 5 at 100% load giving me higher number.

Permabanned
XMP isn't the stock speed. Is the overclocked speed the manufacturer believe that ram can do.
Which bios to do use? Have you left SOC, VDDP, VDDG to Auto?
Yeah, I realise that hence it is running at 2400MHx stock BIOS settings.

Got the RAM in the right slots? I think you gotta use slots A2 & B2 when using dual channel.
Defo in the right slots.

I have just used the DRAM Calculator, configured the BIOS with Safe settings and it crashed about 10 minutes into CoD.

Soldato
Yeah, I realise that hence it is running at 2400MHx stock BIOS settings.

Defo in the right slots.

I have just used the DRAM Calculator, configured the BIOS with Safe settings and it crashed about 10 minutes into CoD.

OK we need 3 things then to help you
a) Image from Thaiphoon burner with your RAM details. Is free to use.
http://www.softnology.biz/

b) Image from the DRAM calculator with the proposed Safe settings.

c) Images from your bios settings for ram, SOC, VDDP, VDDG etc. :)

Caporegime
Any reason for the fixed CPU clock and volts? I'd turn that off whilst tweaking RAM.

Your LLC values would be useful too.

I had to set VDDP to 0.95 and VDDG to 1.0 to get stable at 3733mhz.

Associate
Same thoughts here.
Why have you slected 3600 and manual cpu volts. Put these to auto.
Personally when I first used this board i had memory errors until I upped my Ram voltage.

Also have you entered all the Termination and Cad bus block settings as I notice a fair few people seem to think they can get away without these.
I tried at first and only reached stability when everything was entered.

Several of your settings are also running tighter timings than suggested by dram calc.
If you are having problems set them all back and tighten one at a time and test.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You may need to raise your voltages a little.

I get good stability with SOC at 1.1V, VDDP at 0.95 and VDDG CCD at 1V. Try those for a quick and dirty stability run. I'd prob push 1.4V through the RAM too. If it's stable then tweak backwards.

Soldato
I'm still getting random blue screens after using the DRAM Calculator.
Did you used the recommended values from the DRAM Calc? If so, use the maximum in relation to power settings.

Also use the 2.73 beta. The best bios for good stable RAM overclocking, that from my experience with all previous versions since July!

Back
Top Bottom