• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Caporegime
I am finding with V4 that PBO is working much better. In as much that setting PBO to use motherboard values actually makes a difference now.
In the past it made no difference at all and did not allow any noticeable difference to boost values.

I can still get higher cinebench using manual PBO settings but setting PBO to motherboard does push my temps to 70c now whereas the manual option willl have them at 80c.
Just starting fiddling with the individual core voltage adjustment and currently my fastest 2 cores seem happy to run at -20 which I shall ramp back up once i see where all the others are happy to run without Whea errors.

Also worth noting the latest Beta bios states that once used you cannot flash back to previous versions.

I found motherboard values never worked either. Interesting to see Asrock may finally be trying to sort their broken PBO implementation.

Soldato
How's everyones x570 Taichi's holding up?

I've had mine since release and back in May when I got my 3080 and my BIOS got amnesia so had to redo some stuff like XMP and fan curves, that goofy fan on the southbridge which I basically had turned off since day one, I decided to increase it until it was just barely audible which was at 30%.

So what started recently was turning my PC on from cold I'd have this grinding noise which would quickly go away but three days I turned my PC on and went to the kitchen and I could hear the grinding noise. In a panic I went and investigated taking the case panels off and having a listen to see what the noise is. I turned all the fans off and the noise is still there so I thought it must have been my AIO pump thinking it was the only moving part, completely forgetting that goofy fan exists. The last two days I've also been hearing a warbling frequency from inside the case so this morning from a cold boot I went to BIOS and turned that goofy fan down to 20% and anyone else who plays with that fan will know it revs up no matter what change you make to it, but anyway there it was! the grinding noise had been that ****ball goofy fan all along.

A noise my PC was making underload which I thought was the 3080 was that goddamn fan, as I mentioned I increased that fan the same time I got the 3080 so the first time I heard that.. "drone" I thought it was my 3080 underload.

So anway that fan is now at 20% and my PC is so quiet underload again, in hindsight I shouldn't have changed that fan knowing from experience how crap it is and how infamous the Taichi x570 is because of that fan. It's so insane how **** poor that fan is and how much noise it can make even at 30% duty.

So my mobo is faulty on part of that fan and I'm wondering if I should bother with an RMA. While searching for this thread I saw another where it took 38 days for the RMA and that was WITH OcUK involved. I got mine from the Bolton store because of the price they had at launch. Even Gibbo endorsed it!

Caporegime
I'd contact ASRock directly and just ask for a replacement fan. They're pretty good, they sent me out an angled USB-C header no bother.

Mine has been fine, haven't updated the bios in ages because I don't want it to break. Never convinced PBO worked properly, ASRock's impentation is a mess but otherwise has been solid.

Associate
Contact Asrock they will mail you a fan for you to replace yourself. My replacement took I think 4 days to arrive.
If you have the latest bios it is now only active when required you do not need to set it manually.
PBO also works correctly now on latest Bios's.
If you select motherboard values it does now increase the EDC etc values to improve performance.
Personally I believe they have still been very conservative and you can still improve performance a lot manually.

Caporegime
PBO also works correctly now on latest Bios's.
If you select motherboard values it does now increase the EDC etc values to improve performance.
Personally I believe they have still been very conservative and you can still improve performance a lot manually.

Now I'm going to have to update. Bugger.

Soldato
How's everyones x570 Taichi's holding up?

I've had mine since release and back in May when I got my 3080 and my BIOS got amnesia so had to redo some stuff like XMP and fan curves, that goofy fan on the southbridge which I basically had turned off since day one, I decided to increase it until it was just barely audible which was at 30%.

So what started recently was turning my PC on from cold I'd have this grinding noise which would quickly go away but three days I turned my PC on and went to the kitchen and I could hear the grinding noise. In a panic I went and investigated taking the case panels off and having a listen to see what the noise is. I turned all the fans off and the noise is still there so I thought it must have been my AIO pump thinking it was the only moving part, completely forgetting that goofy fan exists. The last two days I've also been hearing a warbling frequency from inside the case so this morning from a cold boot I went to BIOS and turned that goofy fan down to 20% and anyone else who plays with that fan will know it revs up no matter what change you make to it, but anyway there it was! the grinding noise had been that ****ball goofy fan all along.

A noise my PC was making underload which I thought was the 3080 was that goddamn fan, as I mentioned I increased that fan the same time I got the 3080 so the first time I heard that.. "drone" I thought it was my 3080 underload.

So anway that fan is now at 20% and my PC is so quiet underload again, in hindsight I shouldn't have changed that fan knowing from experience how crap it is and how infamous the Taichi x570 is because of that fan. It's so insane how **** poor that fan is and how much noise it can make even at 30% duty.

So my mobo is faulty on part of that fan and I'm wondering if I should bother with an RMA. While searching for this thread I saw another where it took 38 days for the RMA and that was WITH OcUK involved. I got mine from the Bolton store because of the price they had at launch. Even Gibbo endorsed it!

Fine, but to be fair it didn’t have a RTX 3080 roasting it.

Soldato
Welcome back, nearly two years this thread was dormant, and I was the last post, anyway I'd like some input from my fellow x570 Taichi users.

I updated my BIOS a few weeks ago to 4.6 to install W11, 4.6 is the first BIOS with W11 support. The computer ran fine with that BIOS for two weeks but now with W11 installed and CSM turned off when I reboot my system appears to get stuck some where and after hitting the reset button a few times it will boot, with the correct BIOS settings. I mention that only because some times after getting boot stuck the BIOS can reset and I have to set XMP, CSM and secure boot again. Although I can use W11 without secure boot(I don't know why) I want it on because it's supposed to be on, and right now it is, until I reboot and BIOS gets stuck and potentially reset...

Maybe it's a wobbly BIOS for W11 or something else. Need info!

Soldato
I remember reading some of the recent AGESAs were a bit...wobbly. I see Asrock have updated the BIOS a few times now since 4.6, so if possible maybe worth trying the later revisions, as its quite possible they've removed some quirks since that initial W11 support BIOS, I note one of them specifically mentions improved GPU compatibility for example.

Back
Top Bottom