1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assange to go!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hitman_Leon, 24 Feb 2011.

1. Johno please?

Mobster

Oh please dont make me laugh xD

Just one excerpt from the below article.... yea gotta do whats "right" though eh.

"A Taliban spokesman in Afghanistan using the pseudonym Zabiullah Mujahid said in a telephone interview that the Taliban had formed a nine-member “commission” after the Afghan documents were posted “to find about people who are spying.” He said the Taliban had a “wanted” list of 1,800 Afghans and was comparing that with names WikiLeaks provided.

“After the process is completed, our Taliban court will decide about such people,” he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/world/24assange.html

2. hominid

Mobster

Yet another story in the MSM with a "source", in this case using a 'pseudonym', which is the same as unnamed - so put it in the bin with all the others. I will only take a story with actual named sources, and no pseudonyms don't count, which are verifiable by other means. The MSM are peddling a lot of misinformation and down right lies, just because it's the NYT doesn't mean it can use the 'unnamed sources' line if their 'journalism' is to be taken seriously again because, in my eyes, they have burned all of their credibility(not that it was much in the first place) over the last 3 or so years.

Don't be fooled by these tactics.

3. Freakbro

Capodecina

:eek::(

4. Johno please?

Mobster

Your minds made up already though isn't it, if the article was in assanges favour you would be all over it.

Another piece on him from Christopher Hitchens sums him up....

"All you need to know about Assange is contained in the profile of him by the great John F. Burns and in his shockingly thuggish response to it. As I wrote before, when he says that his aim is “to end two wars,” one knows at once what he means by the “ending.” In his fantasies he is probably some kind of guerrilla warrior, but in the real world he is a middle man and peddler who resents the civilization that nurtured him. This Monday, in two separate news reports, the New York Times described his little cabal as an “anti-secrecy” and “whistle-blowing” outfit. Such mush-headed approval at least can be withheld from the delightful Julian, even as we all help ourselves to his mart of ill-gotten goods"

5. Sankari

Caporegime

Great news for lovers of justice!

(Source).

6. tang0

Mobster

https://twitter.com/IvanPentchoukov/status/1291113777442816000?s=19

Fox News invokes Hague Convention to request testimony by Julian Assange in the case brought by the family of Seth Rich. Order signed by U.S. judge today. Fox News agrees to bear costs.

Assange's testimony is made specifically by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sarah J. Netburn in the Southern District of New York. Response requested by September 1, 2020.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. StriderX

Caporegime

Only in trade for Harry Dunn's murderer.

8. LeMson

Mobster

[​IMG]

9. Tony Edwards

Soldato

Well thats pretty disrespectful to his meomory and his parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich
    The only case the family of Rich brought forward was against Fox news spreading lies. How are you implying Fox news is supporting the family?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...eth-rich-can-sue-fox-news-court-idUSKCN1VY1YD

Last edited: 6 Aug 2020
  10. Sankari

Caporegime

Sure, keep flogging the dead horse Seth Rich rode in on. That sounds constructive.

Just goes to show how desperate Republicans are to stop Biden.

:D :D :D

11. tang0

Mobster

12. Werewolf

Commissario

Yes....Confirmed....
    By random email from a gmail address...

I have a lovely bridge in London I need to sell.

13. StriderX

Caporegime

Apparently it's not too difficult to sell London bridges nowadays, especially those that don't actually get built.

As long as someone is selling hope, someone will buy it.

14. Sankari

Caporegime

15. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Court hearing tomorrow, I'm pretty sure anyway unless something changed?

Has anybody been keeping up, what will this determine, will this determine his fate or will there be subsequent hearings.

Still undecided whether he should go to the US but that's to be determined.

16. deuse

Capodecina

Wrong.

It's called emails and as such can be taken as evidence if anyone wanted to.

"Hearsay is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted"

17. Werewolf

Commissario

Given the content of those emails is basically "someone said"...

18. Freakbro

Capodecina

For someone who has a very limited understanding of English, I'd give up now if I were you before you really embarrass yourself

19. deuse

Capodecina

It will be up to the judge at that time.

20. deuse

Capodecina

That's from CJA) sections 114 - 136 of the UK Crown Prosecution.

Try harder...