Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
The only thing I preferred in Valhalla was I liked the new stamina system to prevent button mashing and endless dodging. I thought everything else in Odyssey was better and more to do

Soldato
Seems the responses from people above are mixed when comparing to Odyssey.

When I first started playing I preferred Odyssey, however now i'm about 35 hours in my opinion has changed. Odyssey was great but Valhalla is probably the best new game i've played since Mass Effect 3, i prefer the combat, the more realistic grittier feel to the landscape although it's less pretty than Odyssey of course and so far it feels like there is more of a story behind it.

The loot system is far better too, i'm not carrying 5 million weapons around with me, there is an incentive to go and actually explore the map to find new stuff. In Odyssey outside of the cultist dropping items it was just levelled stuff and all felt generic.

Soldato
See both of those are gripes which I have with the game. I miss how much loot was in Odyssey as I've been using the same hunter set from basically the first 20 hours of the game and I'm now in the 110th hour of gameplay.

I also don't care about the story at all. I spent most my time chasing the mystery and wealth dots on the map and hunting down the Order/Zealots. I miss the notoriety element in Odyssey as hunting/being hunted by mercenaries was fun and so was flipping the cities from Sparta/Athens controlled to the other

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I am siding with @Iamzod so far. OK I have completed Valhalla but what he has said is very accurate. I have put in about 30hours to Odyssey and its average is all I can say. I think that's down to how engrossing valhalla gets once you travel to England before you know it your 60 hours+ and well into your targets.

Where valhalla negates the good bits is toward the end game I feel it definitely could have been epic had they kept it simple and not had Vinland/Jotunheim and the Sigurd story was just weird.

Soldato
Well then you're both wrong :p

I just don't care about Eivor in the same way I cared about Kassandra and her trying to find her brother/family.

I'll probably return to Valhalla soon as I can't be more than 15 hours from the end if I just decide to do story missions

Soldato
So the game not freezing up and CTD for anyone else?

I'm still experiencing random freezes and CTDs.

The obvious thing is to same my ram as it is overclocked. But... I finished off Watch dogs legion (maybe 20hrs +), I've played other games for about 20hrs as well, but this one it's random but I get crashes.

For whom ever remembers, I ran my ram at 3600 CL14 for at least a year at 1.47v volts 100% stable. Install the RTX 3080 and problems begun.

First it was issues with WatchDogs Legion. I pushed the ram to 1.5v and that solved the issues in WatchDogs Legion.

But this one... I still get issues.

Honestly I think it's the game and my RTX 3080 rather than the ram.

Soldato
The CTD's seem to be an issue with system time not being in sync with ubisoft servers for me. Simply manually syncing windows sloved it.

Associate
Not really feeling this game. Its decent enough but not hooking me like Origins did. Even Odyssey was good enough to make me want to complete it. Done about half of it so far, but havent touched it since January now. And maybe itll change further on (?) but theres no real Assassin stuff in the game except for the fact theres 2 dudes in your camp with a tent who happen to be ones.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeah its definitely moving away from the assassin theme. You can do the story arc of just hunting down the order and finding them assassin bereau's - I would suggest putting it on hard mode and trying to build sets with gems on the assassin, turn off the easy mode thing in the game. When you get the skill though to takedown tougher mobs it gets quite easy.

Associate
Finished the game a while ago but found out towards the end that the game doesn't seem to like HWInfo running in the background. Disabling it solved the frequent crashing issue in my case, strange as I've not seen any other game have an issue with monitoring tools for years.

On earlier versions of the game cloud saving could also cause crashing, but think that is fixed now.

Soldato
I have to say that the game is a little bit disappointing. It's a solid fun experience but lacks something.

The combat I think is poor for one.

And the game feels quite generic. It's by no means bad just not one of the better AC's.

I am only 20hra in however.

Soldato
Do check your CPU. I could not work out why I was crashing in this game lots. Have a good 3090FE yet was crashing in this. Turned it to stock and still crashing. Got rid of CPU OC and works a dream. Was odd as it passed real bench, Cinecbench etc so initally did not look that way. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom