Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Associate
The stutter I was having in AssCreedVal (and Cyberpunk 2077 for that matter) must have been caused by a Windows update breaking Freesync for some reason. I formatted today and it's buttery smooth without the FPS limit, and the refresh rate is locked in with the frame rate. Happy days!!! :D

EDIT: Just over 40 hours into the game and totally hooked, though the Americanish accents on some of the kids is a bit immersion breaking (he said about a game where you play a DNA memory sequence viking with powers...)

Caporegime
I like them both, I would find it hard to choose if I could only have one.

If I really had to decide, seeing as I have other AC games, I would go for Fenyx.

Yeah, I was thinking it's better to get Fenyx as there is only the season pass to get then. With Valhalla, I'd really want the Ultimate Edition with all the bits and bobs.

Associate
Really enjoyed Valhalla - Fenyx - not so much. Humour too juvenile for me and it just didnt stick with me for some reason.

Soldato
no crashing here for me with valhalla. Running 4K High+ at 100FPS Quite nicely

However im so bored of valhalla

* Story in all Ubisoft games are crap
* Miss a challenge, Very hard is just to easy
* you just spam RB
* Ablities are not even needed i fill to OP vs anything
* No mercs like in Odyessy.

After restarting Odyessy Much prefer it:
* Mercs have a range of ablities & weapons. They have weaknesses
* mercs chase you a around Giving you extra challegne
* Better Weapon variety in Odyessy (can build my character)
* Ablities are actaully required
* Difficuluty is higher due to Mercs

I love viking history, but just cant like it & ive put in 90 hours i think.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I felt the same regarding feeling OP @smogsy as soon as your able to kill the zealots and get beyond the second item armour set it becomes hardly a challenge. I think its about level 70 or maybe 50 hours in something like that. I did try to kill the big wolf in asgard too early and that was my most difficult battle by far.

I did download and play Odyssey but this was listening also to people that have not played Valhalla yet rate it. So after about 10 hours I wasnt impressed to be honest - it has equally enough bad points and if anything far too many weapons. Seems like ubisoft cant balance any game at this rate.

Soldato
I felt the same regarding feeling OP @smogsy as soon as your able to kill the zealots and get beyond the second item armour set it becomes hardly a challenge. I think its about level 70 or maybe 50 hours in something like that. I did try to kill the big wolf in asgard too early and that was my most difficult battle by far.

I did download and play Odyssey but this was listening also to people that have not played Valhalla yet rate it. So after about 10 hours I wasnt impressed to be honest - it has equally enough bad points and if anything far too many weapons. Seems like ubisoft cant balance any game at this rate.
Yeah odyssey had too many weapons and armour while Valhalla not enough and the costs to rank up the gear made it differcult to swap between different play styles or try experiment and try something new.

Once I got the dual daggers with life drain crit it essentially became easy to kill anything even bosses that were 150 levels higher.

Soldato
See I loved that Odyssey had so many different weapons and armour choices. In Valhalla I basically found my armour set within the first 20 hours and have used the same armour and weapons since (currently 108 hours later)

Odyssey just felt like I had much more choice with how I wanted to fight - though I still ultimately stuck to a sword and dagger for 90% but I felt I was able to change between weapons more often.

I haven't played in a few weeks as I got bored but may return before Mass Effect launches

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Once I got the dual daggers with life drain crit it essentially became easy to kill anything even bosses that were 150 levels higher.

After landing in England the first obscure weapon I picked up was the Flail. I used this for ages was very nice with a shield. Once you start using the runes and actually stack buffs its game over if you want a challenge. The biggest OP weapons by far are if I duel wield spears. Lovely combat but you turn into God so experimented with other weapons after realising this.

Ed - what is life drain crit?

Ed2- I also forgot I need to get the roman artifacts done to get that shield.. doh

Associate
Although I enjoyed the game it was a step back from both Origins and Odyssey IMO. The lack of challenge was keenly felt from before even halfway through, turning combat into a joke. Origins patched in the option to turn on level scaling, and Odyssey just scaled levels as a matter of course. Valhalla may have been much more rewarding had it retained level scaling.

Soldato
After landing in England the first obscure weapon I picked up was the Flail. I used this for ages was very nice with a shield. Once you start using the runes and actually stack buffs its game over if you want a challenge. The biggest OP weapons by far are if I duel wield spears. Lovely combat but you turn into God so experimented with other weapons after realising this.

Ed - what is life drain crit?

Ed2- I also forgot I need to get the roman artifacts done to get that shield.. doh
Dual wielding the kopis + yngling seax with curative perfection runes and a speed/crit build.

You don't ever need to use healing meds and just attack stuff to stay at full health it's unbelievably OP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom