1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Dirk Diggler, 29 Apr 2020.

1. Th0nt

Capodecina

The shield buffs are ok now, but from memory when starting out (think I started playing sometime early Decemeber as Yule festival came out) they were naff, and the time when you really needed good shield perks was early in the game lol.

2. varkanoid

Capodecina

I quickly got bored with it after I hit England which was supposed to be when it got going. Just could not be bothered with the story. These games are starting to get a bit rinse and repeat.
    Few annoying things like your character not doing what you want him to do, him jumping up onto a fence when you didnt do it then trying to get him to jump off but instead he walks
    along the fence. Generic enemies are pretty weak just shoot them with your bow in the head the ones like Berserker take a bit more of a challenge but its same again weaken them with bow
    then finish them off. Also the assassination missions from the Order pretty sure in Odyssey they put up a decent fight in this they were despatched pretty quick first one didnt realise I had done it
    second one just jumped from above and assassinated.

Odyessy was better I enjoyed that more.

3. smogsy

Sgarrista

yeh odyessy is not perfect, but give much better reward for fighting Mercs & exploring & although theirs too much loot in most insantances least you can build & adapt your own style. for example i built up a posion build in odyessy where my build up for posion is 1 hit & gives 200% extra dmgfor each tick. You cant really do that in Vahalla.

you can get a 'rough' build but not tailored.

4. Th0nt

Capodecina

It looks like theres enough scope to get poison and fire builds in valhalla. I can understand Odyssey giving more customisation, to some they said it was annoying so I can see why they tried to make it more simplified this time.

Not liking the way ubisosft are rebadging these armour sets and using the helix credits, maybe odyssey started this off doing microtransactions?

5. Th0nt

Capodecina

Anyone got the DLC Wrath of the Druids yet?

6. Dianbobo

Gangster

I haven’t played one of these since black flag, so tempted to get it just for the new expansion

7. Th0nt

Capodecina

Might be worth getting the season pass then.

8. bakes0310

Capodecina

Might be worth checking out origins or odyssey first, both good games. Haven't played this one but going by everyone it's a step down.

9. Dianbobo

Gangster

Ah just had a look it’s not cheap is it! I might just watch some videos. It was only for the novelty of it being in Ireland to be honest

10. Th0nt

Capodecina

Theres England to explore before that, Ireland icing on the cake. I not bought the expansion yet though, I think I will give it a couple of weeks for them to sniff out the early adopter bugs :)

11. Stretlow

Gangster

Played this now for a few hours and am just not feeling it. I almost always exclusively play open world type games at the moment but this just feels really churney.

The weather is miserable today so planning to get my teeth into something but doubt it will be this. Think it's going to be an uninstall.

12. Digital X

Sgarrista

Yeah I'm not as strung on Valhalla as I was on say, Odyysey. That was THE AC for me.

13. Th0nt

Capodecina

What was it that got you sucked in on Odyssey? I tried it when I completed Valhalla. I got about 11% complete and struggle to go back to it, I found it less appealing.

14. Digital X

Sgarrista

I've been heavily into Greek Mythology ever since I was a kid, I cannot get enough. That's the main point really. As well at the huge open seas and lighting. Valhalla is just.. dreary looking, but it is fun still.

Lighting*

Last edited: 15 May 2021
  15. Th0nt

Capodecina

Ahh well it mirrors my historical interest then, I like the British Isles - Rome invades, leaves, vikings mingle etc. also now I live in Ireland the whole Valhalla thing has timed it well. Maybe im not that into Greek stuff but I do like it on the discovery programs etc.