Astra

Soldato
tzang said:
The only thing I hate about the Astra is the huge dependency on using electronic to control everything. Need air con? Press the button and wait for the electronics to think, kick in and switch it on. If it doesn't switch on, time to visit the dealer again (as oppose to the Corsa where the button is directly linked to the air con).
My friend has a SportHatch 1.8 SRi, and it was back with the dealer with less than 400 miles on the clock due to an issue with the climate control. They have been unable to rectify it with many trips back to the dealer and them using it for a long period of time, so Vauxhall are making her a new car - this is after her having to wait over a year for it in the first place, due to them having issues with the panoramic windscreen, causing delays, then cancelling it, then offering it again, having more issues and then finally withdrawing the option for good!

Other than that, it's quite a nice car, I test-drove it with her when she was looking at them :)

Soldato
ConfusedTA said:
My friend has a SportHatch 1.8 SRi, and it was back with the dealer with less than 400 miles on the clock due to an issue with the climate control. They have been unable to rectify it with many trips back to the dealer and them using it for a long period of time, so Vauxhall are making her a new car - this is after her having to wait over a year for it in the first place, due to them having issues with the panoramic windscreen, causing delays, then cancelling it, then offering it again, having more issues and then finally withdrawing the option for good!

Other than that, it's quite a nice car, I test-drove it with her when she was looking at them :)

Its good to hear that a dealer isnt being a complete beeper and offering her a completely new car.

Soldato
leaskovski said:
Its good to hear that a dealer isnt being a complete beeper and offering her a completely new car.
Yep, that's one good thing I've got to say about Vauxhall - i've also heard things like this happening with other Vauxhall cars. They may not make the best cars, but their customer service isn't too bad.

Soldato
OP
ConfusedTA said:
Yep, that's one good thing I've got to say about Vauxhall - i've also heard things like this happening with other Vauxhall cars. They may not make the best cars, but their customer service isn't too bad.

Depends on dealer im afraid, this morning I had to put up with this

Finance Manager: Why are you here?
Me: Because my car is booked in to have some stone chips and scratches repaired as it was the agreement when I bought it.
FM: You bought a used car, what do you expect?
Me: I wouldn't of bought the car unless they were repaired

So he reluctantly agrees to get the job done

Me: Do I get to borrow a car whilst mines being repaired?
FM: We don't have cars here to loan out

I eventually got them to hand over some keys aswell :D

I was less than satisfied with this guys attitude, quick to take money but not keep to his promises.

Soldato
OP
Maybe there ok to deal with, but I haven't had the opportunity to...

If the guys attitude is poor over agreed paintwork jobs, when money has to come out of the pot for mechanical or electical issues, I guess I could be in trouble?

Associate
Oblivious said:
Try talking with your mouth, rather than your nethermost.

Try and post something more useful rather than making short, pointless and possibly insulting comments as you have done throughout this thread. If you have no idea about what I'm on about regarding the electronics on the Astra vs. Corsa, leave it at that and don't hit the reply button.

I could just as easily mention your "bargain" Fiesta :rolleyes:

Tupac said:
I was less than satisfied with this guys attitude, quick to take money but not keep to his promises.
Is the finance with GMAC? If it is, they are always handy to use in troublesome times to put pressure on silly dealers :)

Associate
Tupac said:
Yes its through GMAC, how good are they exactly? Do they always get the dealer to get the job done?
Finance managers at the dealer = dealer. They only do enough to meet a customer's needs. If it is a loss to the dealer, they most likely won't want to know.

Since your car is on finance and due to certain laws that bind the finance company with your car, GMAC is in some way responsible for what happens to the vehicle. They have a good support team for dealers giving customers hell (as I have experienced :p).

However, if you bought the car with a verbal agreement for your paintwork to be repaired, you should consider getting it down on writing (or on some form of written agreement). Verbal agreements never go down well and in the worse of cases, often denied.

Soldato
leaskovski said:
If you don't mind me asking, which model did you go for??

I've got the 1.6

Dougsnake said:
Totally agree and i have the sri 1.8 version and ye rear window is rather for looking at the sky behind than the car behind you hehe,miles better than the corsa i used to have :p

When I was at the dealer they had the SRi in the showroom, it looked very very nice....wish I had the money however it's my mobility car, same as yourself Dougsnake and I had just bought a £3k custom built wheelchair the same day, not to mention the added deposit cost, out of interest what did it sit you back? The next time round I've got some serious cash to play with so I'm looking at going down the Focus ST Route or similar :D

Permabanned
tzang said:
Try and post something more useful rather than making short, pointless and possibly insulting comments as you have done throughout this thread. If you have no idea about what I'm on about regarding the electronics on the Astra vs. Corsa, leave it at that and don't hit the reply button.

I could just as easily mention your "bargain" Fiesta :rolleyes:

If you want to debate any of the quick and snappy points Ive made. Im more than happy to do so. They were designed to provoke discussion.

I disagreeded with your posts about the electronics on the astra, because in my opinion it was complete tosh, and I would love to see your source for this information.

The fiesta thread was a joke.

Soldato
Oblivious said:
I disagreeded with your posts about the electronics on the astra, because in my opinion it was complete tosh, and I would love to see your source for this information.

He does sound like a luddite..

Mind you, the amount of people that complain about the indicators is also funny.. the logic is so simple and intuative it beggars belief, I know half of them have never driven the car with them, because they never mention the windscreen wipers, which are a source of confusion..

Soldato
Valo said:
When I was at the dealer they had the SRi in the showroom, it looked very very nice....wish I had the money however it's my mobility car, same as yourself Dougsnake and I had just bought a £3k custom built wheelchair the same day, not to mention the added deposit cost, out of interest what did it sit you back? The next time round I've got some serious cash to play with so I'm looking at going down the Focus ST Route or similar :D

Think it worked out at £1250 inc the 18" alloys ,was the first time for 9 years i actually put some deposit upfront on my mobility car still happy with it ....love em or hate em this car suits me fine :p

Man of Honour
tzang said:
The only thing I hate about the Astra is the huge dependency on using electronic to control everything. Need air con? Press the button and wait for the electronics to think, kick in and switch it on. If it doesn't switch on, time to visit the dealer again (as oppose to the Corsa where the button is directly linked to the air con).

Sorry but this is totally false. The air conditioning in your Corsa will work exactly the same way. It is not a mechanical link, it is simply an electronic switch. It's how ALL air conditioning systems operate. You press a button, which is an electronic switch. This then engages the system.

Man of Honour
Dougsnake said:
Think it worked out at £1250 inc the 18" alloys ,was the first time for 9 years i actually put some deposit upfront on my mobility car still happy with it ....love em or hate em this car suits me fine :p

Could you possible run the reason why taxpayers should subsidise the cost of a Sports hatchback with 18 inch wheels past me again, please? I'm not really seeing it at the moment.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Could you possible run the reason why taxpayers should subsidise the cost of a Sports hatchback with 18 inch wheels past me again, please? I'm not really seeing it at the moment.

They put down a £1250 deposit, are there any monthly payments? If so how much?

Back
Top Bottom