Associate
Hi all, recently bought a 3070 tuf and have had it in my systen for roughly 2 and a half weeks.

Had a issue wirh freezing/audio loops & did a clean install of the gpu/audio drivers aswell as windows which appears to have solved most of the problems.

I am still however getting a bsod on boot(intermittent) the error I get is 'Video scheduler internal error' this happened once before the clean install of windows/drivers and it has happened 2 times since, it only happens on boot/restart.

Another issue I noticed earlier today is 2 of my 3 displayports do not appear to work.

Top one works perfectly(although if cable is wiggled connection will be lost and picture wont come back until reboot)

Middle displayport doesn't seem to be picked up at all by my monitor(stays black)

Bottom displayport the monitors backlight comes on like it knows there should be something to display but again no image other than backlight of monitor.

Is this something anyones experienced thenselves? Should I look into doing a rma? Or even try get a return for my money back

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated

Soldato
I'd start by removing and reseating the card plus it's power connections. Non working display ports and graphics related BSODs don't sound promising though. Is there any way you can test the card in a different PC?

Associate
OP
I actually reseated the card last week and have double/triple checked it. It all seems to be seated correctly.

I am currently waiting on ocuk to send me a new for a ryzen system in building, once that arrives I could try it in that with another clean install etc.

On a side note due to the case I am using the gpu is connected by a pcie raiser cable, unfortunately there is no way for me to support the card and connect it directly to the mobo. The only reason I don't suspect the raiser is due to my 1070 not having this problem for 2-3 months when it was connected to the same system.

Soldato
Ok. I've seen riser cards cause similar issues. I'd definitely see if you can rule that out before going down the RMA route.

Why don't you set up the board outside the case and run the card in the slot just to check?

Associate
OP
Oh good call, I didn't even think of trying it outside the case.

I'm off work today so will give that a try and see how it goes, if it ends up being the raiser cable guess I'll just need to get a new case so I don't need to use one.

Will let you know how it goes

Associate
OP
Just letting you know that it appears to all be working now, cant say much for the bsod(hope its gone) but all displayports now function as expected.

Guess I'll need to buy a different case so I don't need to use a raiser cable.

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom