1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asus a8n - sli premium question

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by utajoker, 3 May 2006.

1. utajoker

Capodecina

hi i have the above board and thought the max memory you could put in it was pc3200

but i was reading custompc, the cpc elite page an noticed the dream machine they reccomend also has this board and it has 1gb of corsair xms 4400

can my board take higher memory than pc3200??

thx joker
    xx

2. drunknmunky

Gangster

Yup, it will let you oc more.

3. utajoker

Capodecina

at mo i have 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT Platinum

what memory would u recomend that my board can take, note that i not realy into overclocking so could u reccomend some pre clocked mem ??

4. Delvis

Caporegime

Well, if your not overclocking i wouldnt bother getting new memory? Although according to the sig uv o/c'd your Cpu, then yea i guess it is "Theoretically" better to get higher speed memory, like 4000/4200 Etc over 3200, it would also help if you can get the timings lower if you'll be over clocking.

5. utajoker

Capodecina

well i only oc the cpu by 100mhz jus the 10% bios did auto

i would like the opertunity to oc just when i get water cooling in a few months i hope

i was lookin at the corsair twinx 1024-4400c25 but not sure if my board supports this

6. Delvis

Caporegime

In all fairness...if you "may" overclock, and dont have the money to spend all the time every other month (Like me) It may be worth looking into getting higher speed' memory if thats the case....Atleast you have the option to do it in the future :)

7. subxero

Mobster

See how far you can push your current ram before you upgrade, might save yourself some lolly :)

8. Cyanide

Mobster

I have the same RAM as you and mine was good at 2.5-3-3-8 at 250mhz (DDR500) with 2.75v, so you shouldn't need new RAM to overclock! :D

9. utajoker

Capodecina

well u see i have no idea about ocing memory so i thought y not buy it pre done :p

10. ErNciLator

Wise Guy

1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT isnt too bad for overclocking in it's own right thou

Dobut that's holding your cpu back at 10+% overclock, so stick with that ram surely :D

Also, is 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT the BH5 stuff right? :D

11. subxero

Mobster

Pfffft, this is an overclockers forum :D :p
    Only kiddin :p

Just slowly raise the speed of your FSB and keep your ram in sync, but slacken the timings, this will tell you how fast you can get your memory, you might need to add some volts to it, but dont go past 2.9-3.0V on your memory.

Then when you find your limit, you can do 2 things, tighten the other timings, or you can up your FSB more, but put your memory on a divider, making sure that it won't go past your limit.

If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask anybody on here :)

12. ted34

Wise Guy

Yes it does as i have used it when i had a asus premium. One thing though was that in slots a1 and b1 (slots manual recomends) i couldnt get memory stable past 250 but in slots a2 and b2 they could run at 270 but not above so i just left them at 270 with tighter timings (2.5,3,3,6 @ 2.95v).