Asus B550-F - Bluetooth issues & intermittent boot failures

Associate
Good morning all, i built my first machine sometime last year and when its working its running absolutely fine but I'm seeing 2 issues at the moment and not able to get to the root cause so just looking for some advice. (ill pop the spec list at the bottom)

Firstly Bluetooth - i didn't use it too often as i mostly use a wired KB/M and headphones - however I've started to do more productivity work on my computer and thus have switched to my MX Master and I've started to notice that Bluetooth is constantly missing. Windows cannot see the BT device at all - just doesn't show up - I've found to fix the issue i need to power off the computer, unplug the power cable and hold the power button to completely discharge all power and boot it back up again - this seems to get it working until the next time the machine power cycles and its hit and miss if its turned on - or if the machine has been on for a little while it sometimes just loses BT - is this likely just an error with the Mobo and the components used?

Second issue is with the machine booting. Periodically the machine will run through the boot-up cycle, start to post and then just drop power. It boots back up and goes through the same cycle sometimes just the once other times can do it for a while until it initiates automatic repair - throws up an error it couldnt repair anything and then mostly boots up the time after that. (however it has cycled like this for a half hour before). Once on all is working fine.
I have tried without any of the machine peripherals or GPU plugged and secondary HDD/SSDs in but alas i don't have another Mobo or RAM to check. Mem test ran a few cycles and didn't show any issues previously.
The machine has a couple of NVMe, an SSD and mechanical drive, i replaced the OS NVMe and did a fresh build but still the same issue - in fact it does the same error trying to boot to the Windows boot USB as well so doesn't look to be specific to my drive/OS.

If anyone's any ideas or can point into where i can pull any more error details from that would be great.

PC Specs;

be quiet! System Power 9 700W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply

CP-3B7-AM AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor

GX-1B3-GI Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER WindForce OC 3X 8G
8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

HD-3A5-SE Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7200RPM 256MB Cache Internal Hard
Drive (ST2000DM008)

HD-56L-WD WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive
(WDS100T2B0C) x2

HS-01D-BQ be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler

MB-6FC-AS Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD AM4) B550 ATX
Motherboard

MY-0AC-TG Team Group XTREEM RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18
3600MHz Dual Channel Kit - RGB

Soldato
Have you tried updating your motherboard bios? You could also check for the latest drivers regarding your bluetooth. A good tool you can download for free is Driver Booster. It automatically checks all your drivers and will allow you to update any that are out of date.

I'd also try reseating your RAM sticks, it's really easy to hear the click when fitting them and think they're in correctly but sometimes they're not fully pressed down at the other side. This would cause boot problems.

(Nice sig by the way, big fan of Harley! Have you seen the recent animated series?)

Associate
OP
Have you tried updating your motherboard bios? You could also check for the latest drivers regarding your bluetooth. A good tool you can download for free is Driver Booster. It automatically checks all your drivers and will allow you to update any that are out of date.

I'd also try reseating your RAM sticks, it's really easy to hear the click when fitting them and think they're in correctly but sometimes they're not fully pressed down at the other side. This would cause boot problems.

(Nice sig by the way, big fan of Harley! Have you seen the recent animated series?)

Cheers pal - BIOS is at the latest - ive had the issue since i got the PC - managed to find some artical on the ASUS forum that others have gotten it RE the BT issue so i may look to buy a new one and RMA this thing - cant really be out of a PC in the current climate. Ill run the tool and check out the drivers. RAM should be solid as ive totally dismembered the machine and put it back together in my quest to try fix the problem!

And thanks - ive not being on the forums in MANY years - i must have created that thing over a decade ago now. May have to see if i can actually access photobucket to download it ha.
and i have not - i have being running through trying to collect the latest DC stuff but ive only really focused on Movies (recently saw flashpoint paradox and was super impressed by the animated space) - didnt realise they had a series on the go - looks like i know what'll be distracting me from work this week then! :D

Soldato
Cheers pal - BIOS is at the latest - ive had the issue since i got the PC - managed to find some artical on the ASUS forum that others have gotten it RE the BT issue so i may look to buy a new one and RMA this thing - cant really be out of a PC in the current climate. Ill run the tool and check out the drivers. RAM should be solid as ive totally dismembered the machine and put it back together in my quest to try fix the problem!

And thanks - ive not being on the forums in MANY years - i must have created that thing over a decade ago now. May have to see if i can actually access photobucket to download it ha.
and i have not - i have being running through trying to collect the latest DC stuff but ive only really focused on Movies (recently saw flashpoint paradox and was super impressed by the animated space) - didnt realise they had a series on the go - looks like i know what'll be distracting me from work this week then! :D
No worries mate. The series as awesome! The second season was just released last year so fingers crossed for more...

Back
Top Bottom