• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus bios problem with OC 3800x2

Associate
Yo,

Got the 3800x2 absolutely rock-stable in Windows, dual prime95 torture tested for hours!

The settings I have are:

HT 4x
CPU 250
Vcore 1.4

This gives me a healthy 2.5 GHZ and I'm loving it. But there is a big problem. When I soft reboot from windows, the green Asus logo at the start of bios booting hangs. I always have just enough time to hit DEL if I want, but it does not boot to windows. If I hit Reset, however, it DOES boot to windows. Strange how it works from a cold boot though.

Have you come across this phenomenon before? It's a bit odd. What can I do to fix it? I took CPU down to 244 (2.44 ghz) and it posts normally on a soft reset and a cold boot.

I really want to keep 2.5, but I don't want to raise vcore over 1.4, because when I tried 1.45, it made little white dots on my bios post screen.

Look forwards to your sage advice.

Back
Top Bottom