ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 - Back IO/Logo RGB LED lights not working

Associate
Hi Guys i am wondering if anyone can give any advice or help with this issue. i'm wondering if there is anything that i have done wrong or anything i can do as is seems the board works fine bar this issue.

So i have recently built my first PC and everything is working fine on the board minus the back IO lights (the lights at the top left of the board). i have tried everything to get these to light up and haven't had any luck. i have updated the BIOS and used the flasher tool i have found on the ROG forums but there is still no lights in this area. The rest of the lights work on the board and any led strips plugged in also work fine, it's just the back IO lights.

i know there is the small RGB header (5 pin one) these lights plug into on the board, is it worth disconnecting this and reconnecting? also there are 2 power outlets on the board 1 8 pin and 1 4 pin, i currently have just the 8 pin plugged in, could this be a issue?

as mentioned above the rest of the board works fine, ram is at 3200 with no issues and all my back io ports work fine. is it worth sending it back to amazon or should i just ask for a partial refund for the non working lights?

Many Thanks

AMP-Pixel

Soldato
The header hasn't been unplugged, it was already plugged in when the board arrived brand new out the box. it worth unplugging and plugging back in? i haven't done it as the cable itself look very fragile.

just bios to see if its turned on, if not... RMA - if its within first 14 days should be straight swap!

Associate
OP
just bios to see if its turned on, if not... RMA - if its within first 14 days should be straight swap!

Yep i turned off the lights in the bios and still nothing. is it worth sending it back as the rest of it works fine, and i already have windows (OEM copy) and everything installed on the board. is there something i am able to do to the board to get them to light up physically, or is it worth keeping the board and asking for a partial refund by amazon?

and many thanks for all the help!

Soldato
Yep i turned off the lights in the bios and still nothing. is it worth sending it back as the rest of it works fine, and i already have windows (OEM copy) and everything installed on the board. is there something i am able to do to the board to get them to light up physically, or is it worth keeping the board and asking for a partial refund by amazon?

and many thanks for all the help!

totally up to you, most would send back as you paid for a working board- happens to all of us at some point- key is locked to your board but easy enough to tell MS your board was RMA .

if you dont mind RGB not working and can get a good refund then fair enough - is an expensive board after all

Back
Top Bottom