Asus DSL-AC68U Firmware dilema

Soldato
Hi All I have set up the Asus DSL-AC68U on my B.T Infinity 2 and its running great ! but i noticed there is a new firmware to download ,but i,m worried of messing things up if i update it , should i just leave it alone or what ? is there a way of going back to the old firmware if you do update it ? any feedback will be greatly viewed :)

Soldato
In general routers are one of the devices that should be kept up to date. Given the DSL-AC68U's slightly checkered past I'd also be a bit cautious.

Does the change log mention anything security related? If not, and as it's working well for you, I'd leave it alone for the moment.

You should be able to revert to earlier firmware even if it requires the use of system recovery tools. No guarantees though.

Soldato
OP
yes this was my thought too :) I did have an option of an T.P Link VR900 as my brother gave me one he didn,t have use for any more , so maybe i chose the wrong router ? but then anything is a step up from the B.T hub5 ha! The Asus does seem stable for now ha!

Soldato
ASUS DSL-AC68U/R Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380_4291 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
- Release Note -

DSL:
- DSL firmware updated: v1.0.3.9.
- DSL driver updated - v5.5.2.4.
- Fixed wrong INP value in certain cases issue.
- Added VDSL Stability Adjustment options 2dB and 3dB.
- ADSL WAN (ATM) QIS manual setting list updated.
Add Kuwait ISP Fasttelco
Modify Russia Балашиха ISP Домолинк (0/35)
Add Russia Балашиха ISP Домолинк(35/33)
Add Spain ISP Ocean
Add Turkey ISP Superonline
Add Nepal NTC
Add Germany ISP Deutsche Telekom (VLAN ID 7)
- VDSL WAN (PTM) QIS manual setting list updated.
Add Iran ISP Shatel

Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Added USB modem Pantech UML290VW support.
- Fixed Network Tools not work issue.
- Fixed LAN port cannot be used after disable Ethernet WAN.
- Fixed UI error if port number is out of range in OpenVPN Server Advanced page.
- Fixed setting wrong password while edit an active OpenVPN client.
- Fixed difficult to connect to OpenVPN Server in Load Balance mode.
- Fixed the Main Network SSID display the Guest Network setting after disable Guest Network.
- Fixed the limitation setting of USB disk available size in Time Machine page.
- Fixed Printer monopoly mode FAQ url link.
- Added a FAQ URL link for User Defined QoS Rules.

Probably worth doing, I've updated it in the past with no issues plus the 2dB and 3db Stability Adjustments are nice additions. I will update mine later on when I'm the only one connected on my network.

Back
Top Bottom