Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Soldato
From what read elsewhere seems like a lot of apps and browser crashing on youtube seems buggy. :(

Looks like this has been delayed from looking round release not until June on one site it looks nice but no 3G version at moment.

Associate
I'm currently trying to decide between the eee pad and the Acer Tab A500. I've got a luckily priced pre-order on the Tab at £400 so price isn't an issue.

eee pad:
pros:
IPS screen
cons:
lots or reports of buggy software

Acer A500
pros:
Lovely aluminium design
Possibly bigger batteries
Possibly better speakers
cons:
LCD screen

I'm struggling to choose that the moment, though the A500 is swaying me partly because I dislike the look of the eee pad. But I'm worried about not having an IPS panel, and since neither tablet is released I can't try then out.

Does an IPS panel really make that much difference?

Soldato
Untrue, the A500 is on display in my store. The panel on the Iconia is actually quite nice and has very good viewing angles. The expandable storage is the real kicker for me, but the shorter 5 hr battery life does mar the overall package.

I'm also waiting to see the transformer in action. Should be interesting.

Associate
Untrue, the A500 is on display in my store. The panel on the Iconia is actually quite nice and has very good viewing angles. The expandable storage is the real kicker for me, but the shorter 5 hr battery life does mar the overall package.

I'm also waiting to see the transformer in action. Should be interesting.
Thanks, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the eee Pad when you get one. I don't suppose your store's in London is it? :)

Associate
Can't get one anywhere. Comet seems to be the only place that got stock before the backdated release but they don't sell the keyboard with it :(

Thank lord we have teh gibbo! Going to get one on OcUK now. Do these come in 3g?

Back
Top Bottom