Asus eee pc 1201N or UL30A ?

Associate
Looking for an ultra-portable to play 1080p video, with decent battery life and also able to play Football Manager 2010, Medieval Total War 2, AOE2 and Civilization 4. Needs decent battery life and HDMI.

Narrowed it down to the two above...although not sure whether the UL30A would be able to handle the gaming side.

Budget is £400.

Anybody with an 1201N able to confirm that the above games will run OK.

Cheers,

Snubbs

Associate
i don't have a 1201N, but i know that 1201N can handle some games with great fps but with details in low

i was to buy one 1201N but them i see alienware mx11, of course isn't so cheap, but the performance is highest

but now you have the 1201PN with ion2 that is a little better than 1201N and the price is similar

ther are many reviews

here is one h**p://www.reviewguy.net/gadgets/asus-eee-pc-1201pn.html

regards

Soldato
In your case, I think it'll pay to wait a couple of months. I don't think the UL30A would be strong enough, the 1201N would be a better all rounder, but it's not great for battery life. the 1215N will have better mobility and a slight performance increase, will be more expensive, and still vaporware. Depends how long you can afford to wait. the 1201PN also suffer the same battery problems, it doesn't have Optimus.

Just to let you know, I'm having trouble playing 1080p Flash with the UL30A (YouTube, I-Player). the decoding is done on the processor, and it's just not powerful enough.

Back
Top Bottom