• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS GTX 1070 Dual. Faulty?

Associate
Brought an ASUS 1070 Dual, black and red version 8 weeks ago. Having to Underclock the card by 100mhz to stop games from crashing. If you guys can help me figure out this issue would be greatly appreciated. Is the card faulty or could it be another piece of hardware?

Specs:

CPU: i7-4770k 3.5ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI
RAM: 4x4 Corsair Vengence DDR3
PSU: Corsair CX750M

Associate
Welcome to the forum :)

Crash to desktop or does it reboot?

Check the card is seated correctly.

Check the PCIE power cables are seated in the card correctly.

Are you using a molex power splitter for power to the card?

Check the modular cables in PSU are all seated correctly.
Check the PSU cables to the motherboard as well.

Use Afterburner to monitor what's going on. Check the temperatures.
Set a custom fan profile. Are the fans spinning when it's under load?

Latest drivers?

Associate
OP
Welcome to the forum :)

Crash to desktop or does it reboot?

Check the card is seated correctly.

Check the PCIE power cables are seated in the card correctly.

Are you using a molex power splitter for power to the card?

Check the modular cables in PSU are all seated correctly.
Check the PSU cables to the motherboard as well.

Use Afterburner to monitor what's going on. Check the temperatures.
Set a custom fan profile. Are the fans spinning when it's under load?

Latest drivers?

Thanks for the reply really appreciate it. Computer becomes unresponsive when it crashes, no power to my headset mouse and keyboard when it happens. Temperatures vary when it crashes,anywhere between 50-70. Will check all of the cables when I'm home tonight about 10pm and will update the post. Thanks again

Associate
OP
Well I've got home and I'm pretty confident that the cables are are all connected properly and the card is seated properly also. No I'm not using a Molex power splitter.

Forgot to mention, using the latest drivers and have tried older versions too. Still crashed.

Associate
OP
Tested the fans and they are working fine, first time I've ever done that and wow the fans are loud on 100%.

I also contacted ASUS Technical support. They told me to reseat the graphics card and update the drivers and also the BIOS. I've done this and its still crashing :/.

The last crash it crashed at 60 degrees, under 47% load.

Associate
OP
Okay, I've just updated the BIOS on my motherboard.

I'll try it on another PCIE slot shortly.

I have actually re-installed windows twice. Still crashed.

Associate
OP
Okay will do thanks.

Only just realized, the email I got from ASUS the link the guy gave me was to a very old driver even though he said to update to newest? I'm now trying to update the Drivers after installing the newest BIOS for my motherboard, but the NVIDIA Instillation keeps failing. Any help?

Associate
OP
Thanks. So I've changed it the other PCIE Slot and also removed the underclock and FPS Limit to 60 and it didn't crash! Literally the first time it hasn't crashed without the underclock. Lets hope it stays this way.

Associate
That's good, I hope it continues like that!

I'd test it as much as possible (games, 3Dmark, Heaven etc) and if it's still seems unstable I'd go back to Asus. The card should have no problem running at stock.
You certainly shouldn't have to start undervolting. It would make it tricky if you want sell it as well.

Associate
OP
Yeah played for a few hours last night and it didn't crash, will run some stress tests tonight and see. Asus got back to me and said if the problem persists return it to the seller.

Thanks again for the help really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom