ASUS GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Reviewed ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Another review of what is no doubt set to be one of the very best and best selling GTX 1080Ti on the market, I know if it was my own personal money the Asus Strix would be a firm favourite for my personally. With great features such as 0db, 2x 8-pin, RGB, quiet and fantastic looks plus the advanced OcUK 3yr Turbo RMA service Asus cards carry when sold via Overclockers UK.

Read the review here:
Asus GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Review @ Techpowerup

Buy the product from OcUK:

Asus GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £809.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Asus...DR5X-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-410-AS.html

ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1594MHz, Boost Clock: 1708MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11100MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £809.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Browse the entire GTX 1080Ti Range at OcUK (Nearly 50 models):

OcUK GTX 1080Ti Range - Click Here!

Soldato
As crazy as it sounds, this is cheaper than I was expecting from them.

..I had it down as a dead cert for £850.00.

I know if it was my own personal money the Asus Strix would be a firm favourite for my personally

If it was your own personal money you wouldn't be paying £810 though :p

Associate
I may well be in for one of these in a couple of months time when the initial excitement has died down and a few offers start to appear, even if it is just a 'this week only' type deal

Associate
lovely card yes

i went with the msi gamingx ti as i love the pipe looks on the cooler but this is my 2nd choice. The boost in vr is going to be really fun from my 1070

Associate
Slightly confused by the price - a news site has posted "The ROG STRIX OC will retail at $740 US which is a $40 premium over the reference price." That doesn't equate to the OCuk price?

Associate
We never get a direct copy with pricing in the US over here.

No but the FE was RRP of $699 and OCUK sell for £700 okay fair enough weak pound and VAT added+shipping.
ROG card RRP $740 selling for £810 pre-order - you'd expect £740 not £810

The maths don't add up although I know Gibbo has said if the price is lower they refund so hopefully it is lower for all those pre-ordering in the end.

Associate
Read first line on that page! ;)

ASUS is the first company to ready a custom GTX 1080 Ti variant.

TLDR it sounds like the classic case of supply and demand. AKA, the review suggests that this is the first/earliest custom 1080ti available. This appears to be an early adopter's price for a custom 1080ti, so then I'd expect the price to go down a bit once the other custom models are available to buy (not pre-order) and are in stock.

Unless Gibbo is hinting at something else...

Associate
What are the (future) stock levels like(ly to be)? From comments elsewhere, Gibbo suggests that there are already 100+ pre-orders to be filled. If I was to order one today when could I reasonably expect to have it delivered?

Soldato
What are the (future) stock levels like(ly to be)? From comments elsewhere, Gibbo suggests that there are already 100+ pre-orders to be filled. If I was to order one today when could I reasonably expect to have it delivered?

No one knows? The custom 1080 Ti is looking very much like the custom 1080 release. Expect to wait awhile. How long is anyone's guess?

Caporegime

My advice? Get yer pre-order in asap and forget about it for 6-8 weeks til it turns up ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Spoken with Asus this morning regarding this card, as its OcUK's no.1 selling 1080Ti, no surprises there as its pretty much the best 1080Ti out of them all anyway.
The good news is yield rate is fantastic and Asus are hoping to clear all our 200+ backorders in April with stock to spare, this is in no way a guarantee but is great news compared to the 1080 launch where some people were waiting three months for their Strix OC cards and longer, anyone buying now should all being well have their card mid-end April. :)

Associate
Its odd to say this is the Best 1080ti when other's like EVGA, MSI to name some haven't shipped their card yet, with no good reviews on them to compare, Who is really the 'Best'. At end of the day its come down to Performance, features, price & mostly personal choice as to Which is the Best!! :p

Back
Top Bottom