Asus motherboard 05 code and occasional restart. Still unresolved 9 yrs later.

Associate
I bought this Asus Maximus VI Gene in 2011, since then it has on occasion when powered down, restarted, or not went off but went to sleep, unresponsive, with an 05 error code.

The only way to resolve this was simply to switch the PSU off.

Last night my 2009 Seasonic X-650 pre Haswell PSU finally failed, I always thought, as Asus supplied zero clue or help on the code, that it was possibly due to the PSU neing pre Haswell as back then sleep state low power thing or something was a possible issue some stated could arise with older PSU's.

I had a new PSU from another project so thought, well maybe it will be solved finally. It still persists, though seemed to not ne present without hard drives, as my SSD's were not found upon reboot with a new PSU, possibly due to me not fuly seating a cable as unplugging all sata and rebooting with the OS SSD resolved the SSD boot issue.

I am clutching at straws here, but has anyone ever seen anything regarding Asus and its 05 error or random restarts instead of shutting down?

It was the only occasional bug this system had, and I am sure it did shorten my PSU lifespan when using the rear rocker switch every so often to power down.

Associate
OP
I have went from a very respectable Seasonic X-650 to a Seasonic snow series platinum.

Memory is fine, been changed twice, all cabling is fine. 2nd psu cabling double checked.

After all these years I found out many of the Asus motherboards had this issue, and some mention of removing Intel Rapid Storage Technology, I have not removed it, instead updating it.

Will give that a few days. Sort of makes sense if the system has no issues from bios.

Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom