ASUS MS226H and other LED monitors

Associate
Hi folks,

Has anyone tried the new LED monitors? I like the design of the ASUS ones, and Samsung have a few in their massive lineup.

I'm currently using a 19" Samsung which works pretty well for me, but now that I've upgraded my PC I have enough graphics power to justify a bigger screen.

I'm wondering if LED monitors are really as good as they seem, and if 16:9 resolution (1920x1080) is usable for work. My 19" has a resolution of 1440x900 and I find the text perfect and can work quite comfortably in Visual Studio etc.

I've had problems before with Dell monitors where the resolution was simply too high and text was tiny, and I could never bear the high resolution Dell laptops for that reason.

I'm interested in a 21.5" monitor so I was wondering what your thoughts are?

Soldato
By the sound of things BenQ should have just the ticket in 21.5". They are launching new models all the time and their new V series models are certainly worth checking out. I haven't used any BenQ LED-backlit monitors but I have used the Samsung XL2370 extensively on several occasions (including now as I'm reviewing it). It is simply the best TN panel I have ever used, and I've used more than I can count.

Back
Top Bottom