1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus P5Q pro turbo BIOS

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Simple_Steve, 16 May 2010.

1. Simple_Steve

Gangster

OK, I have recently acquired a new XFX 5770 and now my machine takes an eternity to boot up. Takes mayB 20-30 secs to get to post. I thought that I had a dud card or that mayB my bios had been messed around by the switch from NV to ATI, but it turns out this has happened to some other people on other boards, they updated the bios and now they live happily... I do not. I have the 0602 Bios and cannot seem to find an update any1 know of a mod to accommodate ATi cards for this board?

2. Alex h

Soldato

i had no problem with my pro turbo with my 5850 but i did a clean install what drivers you useing with the ati card

3. Temi_D

Wise Guy

try disabling expressgate in the bios and see if that works. Also set the primary graphics adapter to PEG (pci express)

4. Simple_Steve

Gangster

Yeah i did a clean install of windows too, and ASUS express gate is disabled. PEG? hmm, will go and check this out now.
    And im using the drivers from the site for the 5700 series.

5. Simple_Steve

Gangster

Ok its currently on PEG/PCI. I might get rid of all the drivers and try a fresh install.

6. Simple_Steve

Gangster

hmmm, tried afresh install and flashing my bios and nothin doing for it :(