ASUS P8P67 - horrible horrible AI Suite II software...

Associate
Bah.

Installed Win7, started installing the mobo driver CD gubbins and also included AI Suite II in that (quite like the ability to overclock via Windows).

On reboot the application 'terminates unexpectedly' over and over again (well, each component of the AI Suite, there are about 6).

I thought, oh well, away with you and tried to uninstall. The uninstaller crashes in a similar fashion!

Boot into safe mode, attempt the uninstall = same crash.

So in the meantime I load up 'msconfig' to stop the app auto-loading with Windows startup. Make the change, reboot - the damn thing is still trying to start up, and spawns 6 or 7 application crashed error windows!

Cannot get rid of this thing from my PC, it's like a root kit virus. I've renamed the Program Files\ASUS folder so at least it cannot start up but it's really bugging me that it's trying to start up in the background even though its disabled via msconfig.

I haven't found much via Google so I don't suppose this issue has hit anyone on here? The rest of the system is absolutely fine so I don't think it's an OS problem.

Soldato
Best bet with any Asus bundled software is to check the version on the driver CD and then check the website and see what is the latest release as when Asus ship out boards they generally do not update the software regulary.

The issue you are getting is rather strange. personally I never install any extra software just chipset drivers + gfx drivers, LAN etc. And OC my machine through the BIOS, which is quite easy with these s****y new BIOS's :)

Back
Top Bottom