Asus Padfone

Associate
Just upgraded mine to Jelly Bean this morning.. seems like it was worth it with a nice few tweaks included and a step up in performance..

New AnTuTu benchmark was: 21537

Associate
Still waiting for this to come out in the UK, I know networks are a bit agaisnt it due to combining essentially 2 dataplans into 1. However I just want to buy it outright and whack a nice cheap sim in. I am just not a fan of paying so much from these early bird websites.

Associate
Still waiting for this to come out in the UK, I know networks are a bit agaisnt it due to combining essentially 2 dataplans into 1. However I just want to buy it outright and whack a nice cheap sim in. I am just not a fan of paying so much from these early bird websites.

there's probably not that much difference between the websites and what the launch price will be over here?.. I know that there will only be 2 models offered in the UK market - the 32GB and 64GB (they're dropping the 16GB for the UK market) - and going by European pricing the 32 GB will be around £650 and the 64GB will be around £750 (there or there abouts anyway)... makes the £550 I paid for my 64 GB and station look like a bit of a bargain! :)

If you do intend to import one prior to UK launch, then I'd suggest getting the HK model as it will work on all 4G UK networks and comes with a UK 3 pin factory adaptor

Associate
there's probably not that much difference between the websites and what the launch price will be over here?.. I know that there will only be 2 models offered in the UK market - the 32GB and 64GB (they're dropping the 16GB for the UK market) - and going by European pricing the 32 GB will be around £650 and the 64GB will be around £750 (there or there abouts anyway)... makes the £550 I paid for my 64 GB and station look like a bit of a bargain! :)

If you do intend to import one prior to UK launch, then I'd suggest getting the HK model as it will work on all 4G UK networks and comes with a UK 3 pin factory adaptor

Cheers for the tips, that pricing is a fair bit higher than I'd of thought. I may just look into importing then. Got a Christmas Bonus through so that can go towards it if I aim to get the 64gb version.

Do you get on well with the Tablet Dock? is it fault free or have you discovered a few issues with it since you've had it?

Associate
Cheers for the tips, that pricing is a fair bit higher than I'd of thought. I may just look into importing then. Got a Christmas Bonus through so that can go towards it if I aim to get the 64gb version.

Do you get on well with the Tablet Dock? is it fault free or have you discovered a few issues with it since you've had it?

I've not had any issues with phone or tablet dock... *touches wood*

they're both pretty fluid and responsive (as you'd espect) - the only slight quirk that I've noticed on the tablet is that when you're using it to take pictures (not sure you would too often) - it takes it's orientation from the phone (as it uses the camera) and not the tablet...

so if you've you're holding the tablet in landscape mode -the phone is in portrait (and so is the format of the picture).. not really an issue - just something to be mindful of and is easily resolved by rotating the screen or using the onscreen button... in fact it's not even really a quirk as it's pretty obvious when you think about it.. I was just having a thick day when that one threw me...

Other than that - no issues or complaints.. I've had a proper play with almost every other phone currently availible and nothing comes close.. it's also smashing most of the benchmarks as well so is as future proof as anything else gets at the minute..

Back
Top Bottom