Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
I managed to get 3066Mhz with C16 with moderate sub-timings, the board just has signalling issues and can't really get 3200 stable unless you have an amazing IMC and top bin B-die.
The VRM is excellent compared to what the other boards around this price range have, but RAM overclocking on the X370 Prime is just a pain in the ass.

If you manage a 100% stable run, don't be 100% confident that it's stable, there are some weird signalling issues that result in memory settings that are stable to possibly become unstable after a cold boot or restart. I've just incorporated 2 cold boots + several restarts into my testing now to make sure everything is stable. 3066 so far seems to be the highest I can get on my 1700 with a B-die kit.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
shockingly they updated the bios again in june, just a heads up claims the normal performance tweaks and nothing else, thanks asus.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
likewise, as im back at docp settings on the 8pack team group dark mem so 3200 14, see if its happy running at this or if i start getting random blue screens again as i did after the previous patch. so far so good.

Permabanned
Can only run my ram at 3133Mhz. (8 Pack)

I have this board and 8 pack memory in daughters pc and it runs DOCP settings fine.

At least I think I used DOCP, I will go check the settings.

*edit. No, im lying! I have it set to DOCP however I have set 2933 for the mem speed, if I recall correctly it wouldn't work at 3200 then.

Bios is not the latest though.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Yup, I'm stuck at 2933Mhz with B-die too, it's a board issue. If you have a good IMC on your chip then you can probably get higher.

wouldnt say board myself would lean more towards bios as i had mine humming along for months at 3333 with the docp settings then updated bios and i had to stick it at 3000 cas 16 due to random crashes. so far so good at 3200 docp since the latest bios time will tell i guess.

Associate
The X470 Prime improved upon a lot of X370 Prime issues, kinda tempted, but not much point since apart from RAM speeds I don't have any issues with it now.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well just bsod so seems its still not back to where it was.

as for swapping it out AndreiD im in the same boat would it be nice to run the memory at docp sure but is it worth the price v performance gain for now, not really. may grab one next year if i find one cheap.

Associate
I can do 3200Mhz but 1-2 cold boots later I get memory errors, so I'm stuck with 2933Mhz because no matter what I do it's going to be error free.

It's probably best to wait for X570 and Ryzen 3 at this point.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I can do 3200Mhz but 1-2 cold boots later I get memory errors, so I'm stuck with 2933Mhz because no matter what I do it's going to be error free.

It's probably best to wait for X570 and Ryzen 3 at this point.

may do the same when them 7nm chips hit or may wait for ryzen 4 the 2nd gen 7nm stuff. but in all honesty the time i waited to go from my i5-750 to ryzen 1700 if i do that again i could be waiting for ryzen 6 or 7 :D

Soldato
The X470 Prime improved upon a lot of X370 Prime issues, kinda tempted, but not much point since apart from RAM speeds I don't have any issues with it now.

Yes. x470 is meant to be an improvement. But there are still people on this forum with premium boards (x470) who still say they cant run their ram at Samsung B-Die at DOCP.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
If you're happy with your current setup then no point in upgrading. @GAC

oh i will be generally if when i upgrade i want a good jump in performance and i have a feeling i wont get that over my 1700 for a good 4-5 years especially if multicore support gets better which seems to be slowly happening.

Back
Top Bottom