Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
Anyone tried this motherboard with 64Gb of ram? (as in 4 x 16Gb stick`s). I am building a couple of ESXI 6.7U2 whiteboxes and finding these motherboards work very well with it, no issues, even detects the built in nic. Just added a basic gpu adapter to give me vga out for the initial setup, then the box will stay headless. Currently using the board with a Ryzen 2700 with 32GB (2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32), XMP is on, ram running at 3000.

Got an identical 32GB on order, just wondering how it will play as part of a 64Gb setup.

Associate
No indication, but it most likely will. ASUS seem to be releasing BIOS updates for this motherboard still.

On a different note, got 4x 8GB 3000Mhz C15 Crucial Ballistix DIMMs up and running, and managed to get 3733Mhz C16 with 1.45v and GearDownMode Enabled.
kz6cUiM.png gTMN067.png
wkCCUwb.png

Only issue is that I was getting some random stuttering every couple of minutes where the audio dropped out, which seems to be related to the Infinity Fabric clock, not sure if it's the chip or the mobo too, but it seems 3600Mhz with 1800Mhz on the Fabric is the most I can do without any random stuttering.
Pretty happy with this Micron E-Die, going to try to see what's the most I can do at 3600Mhz next, from what I tried with 1.45v I could run it at 14-20-14-36-56.

Last edited:
Associate
Did some more testing and it really is an FCLK issue, guess my chip just can't do stable 1866Mhz on the FCLK, reason for the random stuttering. I'll stick to 1800Mhz for now which seems flawless.

Currently doing 3600Mhz 16-20-16-38-60 GDM=on PDM=off 1T, with fairly tight subtimings at 1.4v, which seems pretty good for an X370 board and 4 DIMMs, even if the board is T-Top.

Associate
Might be the board, but I found some threads where people were reporting similar issues on other boards, so it might be chip too. To be fair getting 3600Mhz with 4 DIMMs on an older X370 board like this one feels pretty good all things considered.
3600Mhz CL 14 seems achievable too with 1.45v with tight subs & tertiaries, I'm pretty impressed by this E-die.

Associate
Might be the board, but I found some threads where people were reporting similar issues on other boards, so it might be chip too. To be fair getting 3600Mhz with 4 DIMMs on an older X370 board like this one feels pretty good all things considered.
3600Mhz CL 14 seems achievable too with 1.45v with tight subs & tertiaries, I'm pretty impressed by this E-die.

3600 MHz is awesome considering the struggle when we had in the past. I picked up some G Skill B-die and have made peace I will never see over 3200 MHz unless I can be bothered to sell up but not sure the gains are worth it

Is anyone running a GTX 1070 with this board? Do you have any issues with random and infrequent display crashes/freezes?

Like this thread?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/issues-with-1070-bios.18865072/

It hasn't happened in a week now, so I am due a crash in a day or so lol.

I'm not running any sort of overclock on anything.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

edit: In summary:

Clean install of Windows 10
All latest drivers for mobo, gpu.
Strong and solid PSU with a proven history.
Latest firmware on Mobo and GPU
Nothing overclocked.

PC is left on 24/7. It has been running fine with a 290x installed. Updated to 1070 and crashes started. It will crash while idle, usually when the screen is in sleep mode. PC not set to sleep ever. The display will free on 4k in 60 hertz mode. If I connect via TV I can still use PC and if I drop the refresh rate to 30hertz the display is restored but I cant use 60 again.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to get 3733Mhz/1866Mhz FCLK stable after upping voltages a bit.
Not sure which one did it, but before I had intermittent 0.1s stutters with 1.1v SoC and 1.05v VDDG, now with 1.125v SoC with LLC2 and 1.075v VDDG the stutter is gone.

Optimized my timings a little bit too and managed to get 70.2ns latency, which I feel is pretty decent with 4x 8GB DIMMs:
7YrocEe.png
2x 8GB DIMMs would probably get 67~68ns.

Also I noticed Auto Overclocking (with PBO disabled) actually does something if you leave PSS & C-States Enabled, it boosts to 4.35Ghz in some light single core workloads now.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well as the 4000 launch is soon has anyone got a 3900x or 3900xt running on this board. looking at a upgrade from the 1700 at some point and would like confirmation theres no little niggles with it. and yes asus claim they are supported but would like to know first had experience if possible.

Associate
Has anybody experienced the RJ-45 port intermittently failing on this board? Every now and then I have to power down the board completely by removing the power cable in order to have my ethernet cable recognised. Could it be drivers? I'm not using the driver off the ASUS website, I'm using the latest Intel one

Back
Top Bottom