ASUS Rampage V Extreme - dead? Advice, please!

Associate
Hi, guys,

A bit annoyed here...

My mobo (Rampage V Extreme) doesn't want me to get into my PC, it just throws a code 95... Had it for just under a year and a half, worked fine, with some quirks, but did manage everything I threw at it (4 GPUs, OC'd 5960X, all the HDDs and SSDs, etc).
Now I just get a code 95... Which the manual says is "PCI Bus request resources". Kinda cryptic, not very helpful. I've got a red VGA_LED light up and solid.
Sometimes, rarely, I can get into the BIOS itself. From there I can see the drives, the GPUs - anything that's connected. So it *sort of* seems fine. But then I restart and I get a code 95 again...

What I've tried:
> Tried eliminating the PSU (since this stuff happened after I had a power cut) - tested a PSU from work and I get a 95...
> Tried booting with different GPUs in different PCIe slots - I have 2x GTX 1080Tis, 2x GTX 1080s and 2x Quadro M5000s - none help, still a 95.
> Tried booting without a GPU - nope.
> Tried taking out all the drives and the M.2 drive (because it's sorta related to PCI) - nope.
> Tried booting with no drives, 1 stick of RAM in A1 slot, no GPU and no extras, just the CPU and RAM - still a 95.
> Tried reflashing the BIOS. Nope.
> Tried resetting the CMOS (both via the button on the IO and the coin cell). Nope.
> Tried Switching between BIOS_1 and BIOS_2 - nope!
> Tried the MemOK and all them other buttons and knobs - nope.
> Tried leaving the PC unplugged for a while, drained the electricity, removed the coin cell, etc - nope, still a 95.
> Tried praying, tried crying, sacrificed a virgin, breathed from a bag of visions, made an effigy, even contacted ASUS customer support (in the US - the UK one pretty much doesn't exist) - nope...

I'll test my CPU at work, since I got an R5E 10 board there with the same i7-5960X - if that works, then at least I'll know for sure it's the mobo and not something else...

So I'm pretty fudged here. I need my PC for work and entertainment, especially since the Christmas season is upon me and I NEED a PC for my 3 week holiday starting in 3 weeks...

What are my options? I found out that my board, according to the ASUS US rep, still has warranty till January (bought the board off a guy on ebay, new, as it had a very good price). Can't really return to the guy, me thinks. ASUS UK websites are useless, I can't find any RMA forms (are there any?). And even if I RMA with them - how long would that take? Is it possible to RMA via an ASUS retailer somewhere? I'd pay the postage and some sort of a premium - anything is better than shelling half a grand out again for another mobo, damn it...

Thank you for your time, guys! I'd really appreciate some input!

Back
Top Bottom