ASUS Rog Maximus XI Hero Intel Z390 B Stock

Associate
I'm looking to upgrade my Asus Z390 Prime A motherboard to ASUS Rog Maximus XI Hero Intel Z390, just to see if it helps with OC instability and I notice there are B grade stock up on OC:UK, just wondering if anyone from OC:UK could tell us why there is so many of them B Grade, 7 in total? Is there a reliability issue with them? Also, don't know if I am being naive here, but you only get 90 days guarantee from Overclockers for B stock, but do you still get the full manufacturers warranty with them? Another quick question, I am pretty sure the new A stock Maximus XI Hero was £239.99 last night when I was looking and now it's £299.99 was I dreaming that or am I just unlucky that I didn't pull the trigger last night? Wonder if I could use Waybackmachine to order it, lol?

Associate
Just so you know I bought one of these (the call of duty z390 hero) B grade from OC and it's been solid. One word of advice if you make sure the BIOS you download is the right one, the onbaord prgram will tell you to install the Hero bios but don;t you have to get the specific COD HERO one or welcome to mobohassleville population you.

Soldato
For overclcocking I think you will be disappointed with the Hero. The VRM's are just not up to the job and consequently the CPU runs hotter than it needs to which leads to instability. I found this out for myself but there are a few videos that support my experience.

Associate
For overclcocking I think you will be disappointed with the Hero. The VRM's are just not up to the job and consequently the CPU runs hotter than it needs to which leads to instability. I found this out for myself but there are a few videos that support my experience.
Yeah I can confirm this with mine, it's really a bit flakey with the overlocking whihc is sad.

Back
Top Bottom