1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Lukeys, 16 Oct 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lukeys

Associate

Any chance someone could tell me a release date or pre order date for the new X570 dark hero on OC?

Many thanks

2. Doco

Wise Guy

Last update I seen from an ASUS rep mentioned they are aiming for a late 1st week - 2nd week of November release

3. GougedEye

Associate

Release as in 3080 release meaning you can pay but need to wait a few months for the board?

;)

4. Lukeys

Associate

Cheers mate hopefully can get just before the 5950x,just ordered the hero WiFi but then saw this dropped and I much prefer the dark hero look to the original.

5. Lukeys

Associate

Don’t get me started on the 3080 release been waiting for my 3080 Strix since lauch day haha

6. Combat Fighter

Soldato

Any clues to how much this board will be?

7. Lukeys

Associate

I saw $399 in the states so I’m guessing around £399 in UK.

8. EsaT

Sgarrista

What's the use of PC?
    For gaming 16 core is wasted money which could be saved for later upgrades or for something else actually usefull.

Also £209 MSI X570 Tomahawk is all what gaming PC needs and it's really enough for nearly any use.
    (VRM is already off the charts bat crazy overkill)
    More expensive board simply won't make PC any faster or longer good lasting, but only makes you that much poorer, while marketroids laugh their asses off on their way to bank.

9. Muzzza

Associate

Mmm it's a hero and dark. Worth the extra for no fan and better power. I upgrade once in a long time...

10. matty114

Wise Guy

I think this will be the board I will upgrade from my X99 Rampage V Extreme. I love the design, boards like the Tomahawk just look bad IMO.

11. Lukeys

Associate

Yeah the tomahark mobos just looks bad imo, i like the dark designs of the new hero so hoping i can pick one up before the new zen3 chips drop.

12. Aricin

Gangster

exactly this, so many boards just look "ugly". I know its all subjective, for me the dark hero looks clean and premium and what i'd want to see in a windowed case. So many X570 / B450/550 boards are "IMO" just ugly.

13. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Turn off all your LGBTRGBLED, problem solved :p

14. Supertaff

Wise Guy

I'm hoping for release for this just before the new Ryzens as was looking to get a Crosshair Hero Wifi, but prefer the look of this board.

Answering the question of eSAT on why this board against the Tomahawk for me it's about the USB sockets on the back of the board which I find much nicer than an expansion card or a desk based cabled expansion

15. Muzzza

Associate

I'm lookingat a Aorus X570 AORUS MASTER too, decisions decisions...

16. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

it looks like a good board but I choose against it when doing some research on price this could be double the Tomahawk X570 with the ASUS comedy pricing added :eek: no thank you

17. zoffster1

Gangster

Is there any difference other than colour and no fan?

18. raidens1998

Associate

same.

19. Doco

Wise Guy

Asus changed the power stages to 90 A vs 60 A in the original hero board, but by all accounts the 60 A vrm on the original was more than sufficient but this is the other big change apart from a fanless chipset

20. Supertaff

Wise Guy

agree, price will be high, but i've put a few quid aside for my new build to go into my Lian Li DK-05F desk/case so not too bothered by the price difference. When I add in the 3080, MB, New Ryzen CPU, 32GB memory, water cooling, NVME etc the MB price is only a small part.