Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Asus changed the power stages to 90 A vs 60 A in the original hero board, but by all accounts the 60 A vrm on the original was more than sufficient but this is the other big change apart from a fanless chipset
Hmm, I guess there's not much point in upgrading from the existing hero viii then

Associate
Apparently my post was removed since I posted links to "competitors", with competitors being swedish resellers who doesn't even allow orders from outside of Sweden, and thus aren't competitors to Overclockers. Someone doesn't have a very high IQ.

But for public knowledge. The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero was listed on two Swedish stores on the 16th. The delivery date is currently "unknown", but there is a mention that new motherboards with factory support for the Ryzen 5000 series will released alongside the CPU:s. Another forum also mentions that that Asus is targeting a late first week of November or early second week of November release which aligns with that. Probably it will be released on November 5th.

As for pricing, on the Swedish sites they are listed for 5790 SEK, or £500, which includes 25% VAT. In UK the VAT is 20% which means the price would land around £480 which is a bit more expensive than the regular Hero. But since it has passive cooling instead of a silly fan, I definitely think it's worth it!

Last edited:
Associate
Asus confirmed the Dark Hero would be $399.99 so expect £425.

I know not having a chipset fan is pretty cool but you are basically paying double the price of more than capable boards like the X570 Tomahawk. If the board was going to be £299 I could see some reasoning for choosing it but £399+ is just silly.

Plus don't count out MSI or Gigabyte putting their hats in the mix for a fanless release around the same time frame.

Associate
Asus confirmed the Dark Hero would be $399.99 so expect £425.

I know not having a chipset fan is pretty cool but you are basically paying double the price of more than capable boards like the X570 Tomahawk. If the board was going to be £299 I could see some reasoning for choosing it but £399+ is just silly.

Plus don't count out MSI or Gigabyte putting their hats in the mix for a fanless release around the same time frame.

It also depends on whether you want a board that works with Ryzen 5000 by default (which is the case with Dark Hero) or if you want to mess around with Bios Flashing. I currently have Intel, so it's much more convenient for me to get a board that already supports the CPU than having to mess around with flashing it the first thing you do. Premium boards with CPU:less Bios Flash makes it a lot easier but I still prefer getting one that just works out of the box.

Associate
Most stores, in or outside the UK, doesn't have it listed and Asus hasn't even confirmed an official release date. It's weird because the Ryzen 5000 has already been announced so I don't understand the silence and secrecy around this.

Associate
OP
This is what the official Asus ROG Twitter account replied to me regarding the EU release date.

"nothing firm, but should be around November/December"

Associate
There is an Australian retailer taking pre-orders on the board, mentioning they will be shipped on the 10th Nov. So it seems 10th Nov will be the shipping date.

This is my first computer in 15 years, at the moment I'm currently waiting on a Strix OC 3090 (10th in the Queue), and looking to get a 5950x on launch. Depending on my luck if I manage to get the 5950x on launch and if the 3090 already has arrived I'll go with a normal Crosshair if things don't work out I might wait and go for the Dark Hero.

I've been waiting for 2 months now, I could have gone with a 3950x and a 2070 for the time being.. but would have severe buyers remorse! Guess I if I've waited 15 years.. I can wait a couple more weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
There is an Australian retailer taking pre-orders on the board, mentioning they will be shipped on the 10th Nov. So it seems 10th Nov will be the shipping date.

This is my first computer in 15 years, at the moment I'm currently waiting on a Strix OC 3090 (10th in the Queue), and looking to get a 5950x on launch. Depending on my luck if I manage to get the 5950x on launch and if the 3090 already has arrived I'll go with a normal Crosshair if things don't work out I might wait and go for the Dark Hero.

I've been waiting for 2 months now, I could have gone with a 3950x and a 2070 for the time being.. but would have severe buyers remorse! Guess I if I've waited 15 years.. I can wait a couple more weeks.

sounds good / like a plan, i like the idea of more power from the dark hero esp if you are going all out with the 5950x . u may need a temp gfx card to keep u going. i went for a aio arctic freezer 2 360

Associate
Apparently my post was removed since I posted links to "competitors", with competitors being swedish resellers who doesn't even allow orders from outside of Sweden, and thus aren't competitors to Overclockers. Someone doesn't have a very high IQ.

But for public knowledge. The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero was listed on two Swedish stores on the 16th. The delivery date is currently "unknown", but there is a mention that new motherboards with factory support for the Ryzen 5000 series will released alongside the CPU:s. Another forum also mentions that that Asus is targeting a late first week of November or early second week of November release which aligns with that. Probably it will be released on November 5th.

As for pricing, on the Swedish sites they are listed for 5790 SEK, or £500, which includes 25% VAT. In UK the VAT is 20% which means the price would land around £480 which is a bit more expensive than the regular Hero. But since it has passive cooling instead of a silly fan, I definitely think it's worth it!

But OCUK deliver to Sweden so they are a competitor. Someone doesn't have a very high IQ.

Associate
But OCUK deliver to Sweden so they are a competitor. Someone doesn't have a very high IQ.

Only some products. The RTX 3000 series are UK and Ireland only, and so are the Ryzen 5000 processors, and most likely this motherboard will be as well. But someone is obviously to d*mb to function...

Associate
Only some products. The RTX 3000 series are UK and Ireland only, and so are the Ryzen 5000 processors, and most likely this motherboard will be as well. But someone is obviously to d*mb to function...

If you want to carry on being thick then I suggesting speaking with the mods to explain why they deleted your threat for mentioning a competitor. You can argue with them all you like that you haven't broken the forum rule, they really respect that.

Back
Top Bottom