Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
I have a feeling the Dark Hero will be around £450 to £500. Combined with the Ryzen 5900x £530.

It's going to be a very expensive Christmas

I'm also waiting on the RTX 3080 Hybrid FTW Ultra, so the New Year is going to be the same ;)

Associate
In the comments Asus says "Nothing firm, but should be around November/December" so it's unlikely this will be available for the Ryzen 5000 release unfortunately...

Dam i was hoping it would be released on the same date or at the latest within a week but now might have to wait longer

Associate
Dam i was hoping it would be released on the same date or at the latest within a week but now might have to wait longer

Well the Ryzen 5000 release was a complete disaster (most major stores in Sweden only had 10-15 samples in stock for each type). Just as bad as the GeForce RTX 3000 release. By the time most people actually get the CPU, the motherboard might be released as well...

Last edited:
Associate
Asus posted this on October 28th:

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/1321257095522471936/photo/1

In the comments Asus says "Nothing firm, but should be around November/December" so it's unlikely this will be available for the Ryzen 5000 release unfortunately...

I'd hope that the demand for this should be significantly less than recent (and upcoming) GPU/CPU launches as, after all, there are a lot more options for MoBo's and, as such, I remain hopefull that I might be able to get my mits on one in the same timeframe as the GPU (20/Nov ETA) and CPU (30/Nov ETA). A few days here or there wouldn't be a disaster but I'm kind of hoping to get the build done before the holiday season.

Associate
I'd hope that the demand for this should be significantly less than recent (and upcoming) GPU/CPU launches as, after all, there are a lot more options for MoBo's and, as such, I remain hopefull that I might be able to get my mits on one in the same timeframe as the GPU (20/Nov ETA) and CPU (30/Nov ETA). A few days here or there wouldn't be a disaster but I'm kind of hoping to get the build done before the holiday season.

Yeah I managed to get a RTX 3090 after 6 weeks. Now I need a Ryzen 5800X and this mobo. If I get the CPU before the mobo (managed to place an order at 15:02 and it was already out of stock), I will probably go with a standard Hero, but I'd probably get buyers remorse as i really want Dark Hero with passive cooling. It sucks that it's so hard to get new hardware these days...

Associate
This is what the NA Rep (I think) from the facebook group Asus PC DIY said about both boards.

They will both provide the same effective experience in regards to operation as the power delivery exceeds the requirements of the CPU by a considerable margin.

The main benefit of the DARK HERO is that it offers higher efficiency due to the components being higher rated in regards to amperage. This means a subtle reduction in overall VRM temperature. They will both run cool though under load.

From a stock clock perspective, PBO perspective, or OC perspective they will be the same.

For items like UEFI options as well as specialized tuning options or enthusiast features like differential sensing circuits for more accurate voltage monitoring, they will be the same. They also both feature the OPTIMEM III memory topology.

Most who select the HERO will do so for the passive chipset design and or the aesthetic. The VRM is an additional "extra" to offer further premium design value.

Associate
Spoke to OCUK, they are awaiting ETA. Seems that they don't have much info about this motherboard.

Spoke to other UK motherboard reseller that's listed on ASUS website. They also have no info but will contact thier ASUS sales rep about the availability and hopefully get back to me with some details next week.

I will update this post.

Hopefully we don't have to wait long, my Ryzen 5900x will get cold

Associate
Spoke to OCUK, they are awaiting ETA. Seems that they don't have much info about this motherboard.

Spoke to other UK motherboard reseller that's listed on ASUS website. They also have no info but will contact thier ASUS sales rep about the availability and hopefully get back to me with some details next week.

I will update this post.

Hopefully we don't have to wait long, my Ryzen 5900x will get cold

They seem to keep updating the Asus product pages for this board. Looks like they are ramping up to release. Very quiet though. I saw the 10th November on a Euro site before that changed to unknown. Hopefully next week. Be interested to find out more too!

There are some fairly good offers on the original hero wi fi edition at the moment. I just can't stand the thought of that pch fan! Have to try and be patient! Hopefully, there's no shortages.

Associate
They seem to keep updating the Asus product pages for this board. Looks like they are ramping up to release. Very quiet though. I saw the 10th November on a Euro site before that changed to unknown. Hopefully next week. Be interested to find out more too!

There are some fairly good offers on the original hero wi fi edition at the moment. I just can't stand the thought of that pch fan! Have to try and be patient! Hopefully, there's no shortages.

10th of November makes sense. ASUS may of delayed the release to clear some of the OG HERO stock which seems to be selling very well in the last 24 hour's.

Like you the I am not a Fan ;) of the OG Hero.

Quite a few YouTubers now have the Dark Hero, so cannot be to long before the retail release.

Back
Top Bottom