Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
I think but not too sure, that Asus DOS (Dynamic Overclocking Switcher) is exclusive to the Dark? That alone is enough.

Do you have any source for this info? I have been scouring the internet for information about this feature and if it will be coming to other ASUS boards or not but haven't found much.

Associate
From 2 sources next week it seems.
Linked from Reddit

level 2
ASUSTechMKTJJ
Technical Product Marketing Manager9 days ago
No pre order. Stay tuned to etailers for listings of the product. I will be working to try and have our account managers let me know once they are live but this can vary for numerous reasons. If you want to catch the most up to date information consider joining our

Quite far down page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPCDIY

Associate
Due to the price ill probably buy a ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) for £380 as asus are currently offering £55 cashback on that board as well so i think it will probably be better value
but ill wait another week just to make sure £465 is how much it sells for

Associate
OP
Big update:

Most EU stores have listed the coming soon pages for the MOBO and the list price for most sites is 499euros so for the UK it will be £450, should drop in the next week or 2.

Associate
So one UK supplier already listing it for £465. Expect at least another £20 dropped on that at the date of launch. At nearly £500 I think the normal wi-fi version will be the better deal but I'll hold off till next week to see

Associate
I'm swinging the other way, not arsed about the fan, more interested in the oc potential. Having said that, this'll be me getting my feet wet with ryzen so not heard previous amd board pch fans...

Associate
As of this message, just got off the phone from the only UK store I can see listing the Dark Hero (Bradford Place) and have it as coming soon.

The guy told me that they have no idea when they will be getting the MB in and due to the lack of info it seems to be a (Paper Launch) from ASUS.

Not sure what to think, JJ from ASUS posted last week on Reddit that the Dark Hero will be available to purchase this week in the US.

If we see/hear nothing about this MB by this Friday then it really could a (Paper Launch)

I really hope not as the ASUS x570 Dark Hero is the only thing I need to start my New Build.

PC Parts I currently have after doing much research if anybody else interested
Ryzen 5900x
Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX Case - White
NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm CPU Cooler
Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB Kit - DDR4 3600 CL16
Samsung 980 PRO 250GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 4.0
Crucial BX500 2TB SSD
Western Digital Black - 4TB Sata HD
Corsair AX1000 PSU
Corsair Pro Braided Cable Kit + Comb Kit
DELL S2417DG QHD 1440P 165hz G-SYNC Monitor
Logitech G915 TKL Wireless Keyboard - White
Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless Mouse
Corsiar MM350 Pro XL Mouse Pad

Like most people I am still trying to buy an RTX 3080, I really like the feedback on the ASUS RTX 3080 TUFF OC, but know I be waiting till next year now.

I am thinking of picking up a cheaper Used GTX 1070 TI while I wait.

Associate
As of this message, just got off the phone from the only UK store I can see listing the Dark Hero (Bradford Place) and have it as coming soon.

The guy told me that they have no idea when they will be getting the MB in and due to the lack of info it seems to be a (Paper Launch) from ASUS.

Not sure what to think, JJ from ASUS posted last week on Reddit that the Dark Hero will be available to purchase this week in the US.

If we see/hear nothing about this MB by this Friday then it really could a (Paper Launch)

I really hope not as the ASUS x570 Dark Hero is the only thing I need to start my New Build.

PC Parts I currently have after doing much research if anybody else interested
Ryzen 5900x
Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX Case - White
NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm CPU Cooler
Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB Kit - DDR4 3600 CL16
Samsung 980 PRO 250GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 4.0
Crucial BX500 2TB SSD
Western Digital Black - 4TB Sata HD
Corsair AX1000 PSU
Corsair Pro Braided Cable Kit + Comb Kit
DELL S2417DG QHD 1440P 165hz G-SYNC Monitor
Logitech G915 TKL Wireless Keyboard - White
Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless Mouse
Corsiar MM350 Pro XL Mouse Pad

Like most people I am still trying to buy an RTX 3080, I really like the feedback on the ASUS RTX 3080 TUFF OC, but know I be waiting till next year now.

I am thinking of picking up a cheaper Used GTX 1070 TI while I wait.

Hey, I am very much in a similar position.

I have a 3090 watercooled waiting to go into a new system but don't have a 5900x yet.

I was so close to getting an Asus Crosshair Hero Wi-Fi X570 for £360 with £55 cashback!

I am really interested in this new Asus board though.

Can't be dealing with anymore delays to this build though!

I am saying as soon as the 5900x comes I will then buy a motherboard. So will let fate decide!

I have heard that the extra VRM power etc the new board has is overkill but I really fancy no PCH fan, especially watercooling!

You have very similar specs to me. I've been loving the 165hz monitor I have.

Associate
Hey, I am very much in a similar position.

I have a 3090 watercooled waiting to go into a new system but don't have a 5900x yet.

I was so close to getting an Asus Crosshair Hero Wi-Fi X570 for £360 with £55 cashback!

I am really interested in this new Asus board though.

Can't be dealing with anymore delays to this build though!

I am saying as soon as the 5900x comes I will then buy a motherboard. So will let fate decide!

I have heard that the extra VRM power etc the new board has is overkill but I really fancy no PCH fan, especially watercooling!

You have very similar specs to me. I've been loving the 165hz monitor I have.

RTX 3090, Nice ;)

And like you totally loving playing on a 165hz G-Sync Display.

I will be updating this post soon as I have any updates on the Dark Hero.

Back
Top Bottom