Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Still encountering issues with USB and PCIE 4 I believe, when I'm mining on the GPU and at the same time transferring files to an external disk over USB my system will just reboot once it gets demanding, despite being on BIOS 3401, anyone else still having issues, not noticed before as have not used an external drive before?

Associate
I was wondering the same thing. It's been beta for over a month now which is unusual, going by recent timelines. I'm probably wishing for too much but I'm hoping this time has allowed them to diagnose some of the X570 usb issues.

Associate
I was wondering the same thing. It's been beta for over a month now which is unusual, going by recent timelines. I'm probably wishing for too much but I'm hoping this time has allowed them to diagnose some of the X570 usb issues.
Turns out it still crashes and reboots even with NO gpu mining and GPU switched to PCIE 3, hard to believe they did not encounter this issue during testing, did they not test external hard drives? I had to resort using an old laptop to make it a network drive in order to transfer files too

Associate
Still encountering issues with USB and PCIE 4 I believe, when I'm mining on the GPU and at the same time transferring files to an external disk over USB my system will just reboot once it gets demanding, despite being on BIOS 3401, anyone else still having issues, not noticed before as have not used an external drive before?
3401 is just a USB fix that many motherboard manufacturers pushed, to possibly alleviate USB issues before they received or built a BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.2. Although you probably knew that. :)
I suppose it's quite expected that USB issues are not entirely fixed with that version, and they require the AGESA 1.2.0.2 BIOS which is the actual AMD provided fix.

But yeah, 3501 sure has been in beta for a long time..... nearing on 6 weeks now.
I don't have USB issues myself, as far as I can tell, but I would like a stable AGESA 1.2.0.2 BIOS to prevent any issues I might not be aware of.

Anyone happen to notice if other motherboard AGESA 1.2.0.2 BIOS are already stable versions?

Associate
Finally got my Dark Hero which I ordered back in January. :)
However my G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-32GTZN 32gb is still on back order and I may have to look at other ram.:(
God knows when the 3080ti will be out :confused:

IAzQySQ.jpeg

nFOZzge

Associate
Anyone happen to notice if other motherboard AGESA 1.2.0.2 BIOS are already stable versions?

This isn't exactly strong evidence but the way I gauge whether these 1.2.0.2 releases have fixed usb issues is to track what HP Reverb G2 owners have to say. Sadly, the majority of them report that the fix has been unsuccessful, even with non-beta releases :(

Soldato
i run a dark hero now on bios 3302 and my 5950x with pbo can hit 5.05ghz on most cores and then back down to around 4.7ghz in games, i did have to set a manual voltage of 1.38v as auto was pushing 1.5v and causing overheat isses, thankfully now the chip is much happier :)

Associate
i run a dark hero now on bios 3302 and my 5950x with pbo can hit 5.05ghz on most cores and then back down to around 4.7ghz in games, i did have to set a manual voltage of 1.38v as auto was pushing 1.5v and causing overheat isses, thankfully now the chip is much happier :)

But when you set this manual voltage it doesn't mess up with PBO ? the voltage still goes down when idle ?

Soldato
But when you set this manual voltage it doesn't mess up with PBO ? the voltage still goes down when idle ?

not really tbh, my chip is very stable now its undervolted, the pbo behavoir seems to be the same really, for a few seconds my chip can load 80% cores to 5.05ghz and then back down to around 4.7ghz across all cores as i said above and when at idle in windows the chip backs off to its base clock of 3.4ghz and the voltage drops too around 1.1v at base clock speed, sure under load with my manual voltage (1.38v) the cpu does run warm but remains under thermal shutdown limits 85 is the max i've seen with 1.38v, vs auto voltage which i saw at one point my cpu got to 120 degrees and my system shutdown and didnt power up for around 30 minutes, the cpu did seem to loose a bit if i tried my all core oc of 4.7ghz, the max i can now get is around 4.55-4.6ghz if i push it, so i called it a day set a manual voltage and let pbo take over and set a auto multiplier on the dark hero and its been fine ever since :)

Back
Top Bottom