Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Have a Google for ek thermoelectric block / linus. Temp would appear to be the biggest issue with all core oc on new ryzen. Linus vid shows them using a TEC block. Need more info really, power draw and condensation management obviously key. Be cool to see if it'll be switchable based on water temp and / or cpu load.

Edit: They posted an hour ago on FB. Intel only, condensation has been dealt with. Would've been nice to have with new Ryzen and Dark Hero...

Last edited:
Associate
My strix 3090 is arriving tomorrow so I went with the OG Crosshair Hero VIII .. can't wait any longer.. its my first pc build in 15 years! :) Oh well..

I think you made a good decision. I just went for the Aorus Master. I'm not going to benefit from all of the new Hero stuff. I don't need 90A VRM's. I just want a stable board which I will thoroughly test before building.

Associate
My strix 3090 is arriving tomorrow so I went with the OG Crosshair Hero VIII .. can't wait any longer.. its my first pc build in 15 years! :) Oh well..
Mine after 7 and still haven't decided about the gpu. Was determined to go with Nvidia until amd announced 6900xt.. That screwd me over completely haha

Associate
25 pieces - anyone want to take a bet on this turning into another pre-order omni-shambles!?

Based on how other launches have gone I would bet on this being a hard to get item! Only board without PCH fan and a few other bells and whistles. I can see these coming a few at a time and out of stock for months! Hope I am proven wrong though.

Associate
Based on how other launches have gone I would bet on this being a hard to get item! Only board without PCH fan and a few other bells and whistles. I can see these coming a few at a time and out of stock for months! Hope I am proven wrong though.
I read it the exact same way. I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of people are switching to AMD with this generation and as such they most probably don't have a Zen3 compatible MoBo just kicking around ready. So they're all looking into the best options to get the most out of these new CPU's - and when you do that you quickly pick up that the Dark Hero appears to be the only game in town with the DOC feature. It's also clear that this isn't the only forum where people are clambering for info on the release date of this specific platform - it's going to be another surge of "unprecedented demand".

Associate
25 pieces - anyone want to take a bet on this turning into another pre-order omni-shambles!?

Anyone would think all these companies are hand making these products.

I’ve ordered a hero monoblock in anticipation regardless as no doubt they’ll be impossible to get too soon

Associate
I was pretty keen for this board but took a reality check, moving from UW to 4k so gain from DOS will be minimal to non existent. I only use the pc for gaming so those extra base clock mhz's will be wasted. Not a good idea if running cpu/gpu on single loop either due to the additional heat created. Nice to have board but think I'll jump on a giga now.

Back
Top Bottom