Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
While waiting for the Dark Hero, just found Asus 3090 ROG Strix for sale and the price is amazing.. Only one card from some add. new, unpacked :D

Gonna call tomorrow!! woohoo

Associate
I wonder whether the absence of a release date for the Dark Hero is some kind of tactical delay by Asus to avoid this drawing a bunch of flack for another "paper launch"? I.e. that they've calculated that they simply don't have enough stock to meet the anticipated demand at launch so they're delaying whilst they build up stock levels (and hope that some of the demand diminishes by people switching to alternative boards). If that were the case I'd much rather that they just came out and said something like that instead of continuing to promote the board whilst, at the same time, resolutely staying quiet on the release date.

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder whether the absence of a release date for the Dark hero is some kind of tactical delay by Asus to avoid this drawing a bunch of flack for another "paper launch"? I.e. that they've calculated that they simply don't have enough stock to meet the anticipated demand at launch so they're delaying whilst they build up stock levels (and hope that some of the demand diminishes by people switching to alternative boards). If that were the case I'd much rather that they just came out and said something like that instead of continuing to promote the board whilst, at the same time, resolutely staying quiet on the release date.

Strange thing is they have been shipping them out in small numbers. People in NZ and Australia have been getting them, as well as a few in Europe. There just doesn't seem to be a widespread official rollout in their biggest markets which is odd.

Associate
I wonder whether the absence of a release date for the Dark hero is some kind of tactical delay by Asus to avoid this drawing a bunch of flack for another "paper launch"? I.e. that they've calculated that they simply don't have enough stock to meet the anticipated demand at launch so they're delaying whilst they build up stock levels (and hope that some of the demand diminishes by people switching to alternative boards). If that were the case I'd much rather that they just came out and said something like that instead of continuing to promote the board whilst, at the same time, resolutely staying quiet on the release date.

You could be right, but I have a feeling its because we in the UK are low priority and make up small percentage of their global sells.

A massive manufacturer like ASUS should be able to confirm when UK stores will be getting this MB if they really wanted to.

No UK store has an available to purchase date.

Even UK YouTubers that have the Dark Hero do not seem to have an idea when the MB is coming out.

Associate
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the situation in the US is very similar (I'm reading similar frustrated posts on US based/biased forums) so although I can accept that the UK may well be a small market I'm pretty confident that wouldn't be the assessment of the US market. Besides, if they were ignoring the UK based on the size of the market being too small you've got to wonder why it's reported that they have the board in NZ and Oz.

Associate
Just noticed, in some other web shops (included Asus official distributor) the board has been disappeared or moved onto discontinued status. What the hell is going on? I am really considering to buy a different board than.

Associate
Just noticed, in some other web shops (included Asus official distributor) the board has been disappeared or moved onto discontinued status. What the hell is going on? I am really considering to buy a different board than.
Yeah, I noticed that this morning. I tried to get some answers from the "official distributor" via telephone but couldn't get through, so I've pinged them via Twitter instead.

Associate
Yeah, I noticed that this morning. I tried to get some answers from the "official distributor" via telephone but couldn't get through, so I've pinged them via Twitter instead.

Please let me know, if you can reach them. I got a mobo under my 5950X, but it is getting worse and worse after every new BIOS, so want to get a rid of it asap. May I will not wait till they start selling the CVIIIDH...

Associate

They have done this before then put it back as coming soon. I have spoken to them a few times and they have no idea when the MB will be available.

There's probably put it back to this discontinued to stop the enquiries.

Last edited:
Associate
This may be old news but I just stumbled across this which indicates that Dark Heros arrived with ROG US on Wednesday last week and will shortly be with channel partners there.

This doesn't particularly shed any light on the situation in the UK of course but they do make the point that there will be "replenishment shipments" coming in. To my mind this is a clear enough hint that initial supplies might be sparse there so that will probably have a bearing over here too.

Last edited:
Associate
This may be old news but I just stumbled across this which indicates that Dark Heros arrived with ROG US on Wednesday last week and will shortly be with channel partners there.

This doesn't particularly shed any light on the situation in the UK of course but they do make the point that there will be "replenishment shipments" coming in. To my mind this is a clear enough hint that initial supplies might be sparse there so that will probably have a bearing over here too.

Thanks for the info

Associate
If you think about this, this is all just a failure of communication - I'm sure OCUK have a number of boards inbound and frankly I would have preferred to have ordered with them but no one wants to just wait in the dark. Now many people are getting it delivered from other European etailers.

Associate
wish there was some sort of release date notification, I dont have the time to be trawling the internet each day in work hoping it appears
i would not mind a pre-order as I would never compete with Bots or telegram (cant install on office machine)

Back
Top Bottom