1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Sli-A8N Premium with Opty170. Where've my voltage options gone

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by man_from_uncle, 4 Aug 2006.

1. man_from_uncle

Wise Guy

Dear all,

Just last night i installed an opteron 170 to replace my 144. Everything went as well as I could have hoped. I didn't touch my BIOS settings (which was at 299x9) and the 170 fired up to windows before it crashed (which is still bloody good seeing as it was quite a steep ovrclock).

Anyway, I've got it stable at 2.725ghz so far, but I am limited by votage. Previously I had the option of going to 1.55v, now that option stops at 1.5v. Any ideas how to get it back? I figure a BIOS update is in order, but I don't know which one.

Can anyone with the same motherboard and a dual core CPU let me know what they are using and how it works?

Thanks,

Uncle

2. james_earl

Gangster

according to asus its because you get a voltage increase of 0.1v over the standard which is 1.35 for an opty 170 and a small increase above that giving you your 1.5v. fo the 144 the default voltage is 1.4 giving you more volts higher voltage but the same relative range increase

3. man_from_uncle

Wise Guy

Interesting. Annoying, but interesting. Thanks very much.

Is there any way to dupe it and push the range up at all?