1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asus socket a mobo'sny good?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by keef, 23 May 2006.

1. keef

Gangster

i know that asus make decent 939 motherboards but i dont know if they make good socket a ones.
    i am wanting the best board for overclocking and i think i might have problems getting a dfi or abit nf7.

would an asus which seem more readily available at sensible prices be a good option for me?

2. Biggles 266

Gangster

The A7N8X was a good board, very stable and reliable. But they were never great overclockers, with most of them not going much beyond around 220 MHz. I'd get an Abit NF7-S, or a DFI LanParty or a Soltek nF2 board, which were the dark horses of Socket A.

3. mofo's

Wise Guy

Think one had to be extremely lucky to get 220FSB with the A7N8X, good at stock but not so good when trying to overclock!

Had one myself and sold the same day!

4. keef

Gangster

yeah pretty sure i want a dfi, but the money is a lot for one lol!it is only a system for a bit of fun so i dunno if i can warrant spending that kind of money,
    i have been offered an premium version of the asus board for 16.00 posted so i am quite tempted!

5. noxidjkram@hotm

Wise Guy

NF7-S v2.

Best socket A ATX board going (IMHO).

Second hand can get em for £30.

Depends on version if A7N8X any good for overclocking. Early revisions were poor.

M