• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS TUF 3080 same as OC version?

Soldato
I think after all this has kicked off The Asus cards are going to be in high demand whichever model you choose.
I've got the non-OC, but only time will tell if its the exact same card as the OC model and is capable of the same if vbios allows, and even then chips can vary in quality.
For the me the non-OC is so fast, I dont need to worry about its clocks. The only title that I have that taxes the 3080 is RDR2 with everything maxed at 1440p. It manages over 60fps, but wow that game asks a lot!

Soldato
I've just been watching that, its going to interesting how this pans out. I can see why people might be miffed, on one hand there is the idea they are getting something inferior, and yet on the other hand the AIB's have met the required advertised clock speeds, just not tuned the top end of the boost curve properly, even though thats WAY past advertised clock speeds.

Hopefully a vbios or driver will correct this. As long as it doesnt gimp my GPU :D

Associate
Placed an order for a 3080 TUF OC. The hype got to me! :D I hope I won't have the same issues I had with my Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II, where I had to downclock it all the time.

Associate
So is the TUF OC worth the extra £30 as likely to get it sooner and the chip is supposedly better binned?

The numbers in the unofficial order spreadsheet, which while the numbers might be incorrect, there is enough data in there to assume the ratios in the ballpark suggests that for each TUF OC sold there are about 2.25 TUF non-OCs sold. Of course, those numbers are still in the 800+ region for the OC, even with an estimate of the spreadsheet over estimating by a third, so there is a long queue either way, and what ratio ASUS splits the cards in will make a difference (1:1 means OC would be faster, 3:1 would mean non-OC... and we'll never have that info).

Associate
I have a TUF non OC on order with OCUK and was pleased to hear they've not cheaped out on the caps. Queue the influx of people ordering or canceling and ordering the Asus cards. I'm not convinced it is a problem with the caps though - it will be interesting to see how the aftermarket board manufacturers react to this though. .

On a seperate note - if I was a YouTuber, I would be very careful about how I was reporting these rumours, the alleged issues, and the wording used. Without having conclusive evidence and facts they could be treading on thin ice, especially if the manufacturers see a big drop in sales as a result.

Edit - What if all this is an Asus marketing ploy and they paid Igor to spin a rumour about the caps?

Associate
Hello. Thanks for the photos of your Asus Tuf Gaming 3080. Could you maybe measure the height from the motherboard surface to the highest point of the card (the TUF icon that lights up by power cables)? I am trying to work out if it will fit in my case. Thank you in advance :)

Soldato
You can tell I've got a bit of time on my hands :D

If anyone is interested here's a benchmark run from assassins creed odyssey, stock gpu settings :

And a custom Superposition run at 1440p:

Last edited:
Associate
My Asus TUF 3080 non OC arrived very well packed from OCUK today. I've had a really good look over it and it does seem to be identical to the OC version.
I've only had it installed and running for a short period but my word its fast (like all 3080's), I'm coming from a really good 1080Ti Hybrid.

The card is super quiet, its a bit freaky, and temps are around 60C under load... go figure! The default clock is around 1850mhz to 1950mhz from what I can see.

Here is a default Timespy run, I dont know how it compares to others: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50858225?

Really happy, going to play some games now :D

UuZSJfS.jpg

Congrats. Would you mind sharing your order number / order time please?

thanks.

Soldato
My order went through at 2:11pm on the 17th if that's any help, order number 58603** last two numbers in the teens. I think I was lucky to get through with all the website freezing. I had multiple windows open trying different sites, even trying at Nvidia's shop, but it was here at OCUK that actually got me through to checkout :)

Associate
My order went through at 2:11pm on the 17th if that's any help, order number 58603** last two numbers in the teens. I think I was lucky to get through with all the website freezing. I had multiple windows open trying different sites, even trying at Nvidia's shop, but it was here at OCUK that actually got me through to checkout :)

That’s really helpful. Thanks. I’m waiting on my 15.18hrs Tuf. Maybe I should start a new book rather than constantly refreshing forums!!

Associate
From surface of the motherboard.

t626Hsr.jpg

I finally got my Tuf Gaming 3080 after 2 months on back order. It came in stock one day on my local Swiss retailer so I ordered it figuring that I would buy a new case if it didn't fit. Luckily it just about does with removing the support bracket and using these 180 degree adaptors I got online:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMDJqyHDc8RguEYvyV0hW6iuA29xA

Back
Top Bottom