Asus x470/B450 PCIe 4.0 Support

Associate
After reading the following it seems like even more X470/B450 boards have the ability to utilitse PCIe Gen 4:

https://hexus.net/tech/news/mainboa...hes-x470-b450-pcie-gen-4-compatibility-chart/

It was uncertain whether the reports so far of people being able to access PCIe 4 may have this removed in the next BIOS update but this looks as though it's here to stay, hopefully other mobo partners will follow suit.

Does anyone here have one of the listed boards in combination with the new Ryzen chips and have this working?

Associate
O that's great news, my Asus Prime X470 pro Supports both ports with full speed gen 4.0 :)

yet to buy a 3000 series CPU
Board in storage at the moment tell I get the parts.

Associate
id rather hear it from amd themselves before id go buying a last gen board. remember when everyone enabled it so people on skylake could use kabylake cpus despite intel saying it wouldnt then all the mobo vendors pulled the support via bios

Associate
OP
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards

Looks like AMD might have put an end to the dream already. I'd be surprised though as they've usually allowed users to eek out extra performance for free in the past due to enabling disabled cores on CPUs and GPUs. If it's just left to the enthusiast to enable these features on their own then I don't see there being a problem, however if mobo companies started advertising the fact that their boards supported PCIe Gen 4 on the X470/B450 but there were then issues, that would reflect poorly on AMD and I could see it being good enough reason to restrict this.

I don't even use hardly any of the 3.0 speed, let alone 4.0, use SSD SATA 6G

Same here, currently rocking an 840 Evo. I would quite like a newer M.2 NVMe drive though as the 4k random read/writes look to be much improved and potentially where I'd notice a difference in day to day activities.

Back
Top Bottom